Senior Software Engineer, Content Platform Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with 200+ million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the team:
Content Platform is the entry point for ALL content that you see on the Netflix consumer experience. The backend microservices developed by this team form the interface through which thousands of creative agencies, linguists, editorial writers, post-houses, studios, etc deliver and curate the catalog of movies and TV-shows.
Our work spans from setup and acquisition of core and editorial metadata such as title name, synopsis, maturity rating, etc, delivery & lifecycle of promotional media such as images and trailers, creation and acquisition of full-length video, subtitles & audio dubs. We localize all metadata and content in 40+ languages to provide the outstanding local language experience for our global audience. We collect and curate hundreds of thousands of assets and their variations. These assets are ordered, tracked and managed via multiple services in our ecosystem.
We are responsible for multiple services that are on the critical path for Netflix consumer experience’s availability and have developed innovative solutions to run large scale distributed services in the AWS cloud. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building distributed microservices in the cloud.
Engineers on our team come from diverse backgrounds, cultures & industries. We value different points of view and work together in building products.
In this role, you will –
- Work and collaborate closely with UI Engineers, Data Scientists, UX Designers, Product Managers and Partners
- Participate in product reviews, design reviews, and help craft technical architecture
- Offer trade-off to partners to help them make a data-informed decisions on product roadmaps
- Implement new features in systems from initial design through delivery
- Proactively work on cross-functional teams & lead initiatives with little to no supervision
- Work with fuzzy requirements and thrive in ambiguity
- Be curious and push the boundaries of our Products by data-driven learning & iterations
- Experience with Object-Oriented Languages such as Java, C++, etc.
- Recognize the importance of good software development practices such as unit tests, instrumentation, etc.
- Experience working with relational OR non-relational data stores.
- Ability to design and build microservice-based distributed systems.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.