Senior Software Engineer – Production Foundations Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
About our team
Netflix is now the largest studio in the world and producing content at this scale is a unique challenge; this is where our team comes in. We help free up creative resources to focus on what’s meaningful: producing amazing & entertaining content.
We provide foundational services to improve the production process for efficiency and transparency. This includes providing core movie-production data to power workflows for our Studio, Shows, Physical Productions, VFX, and Animation teams.
Examples include parsing and analyzing Hollywood screenplay “scripts” and serving up all of Netflix’s in-progress ‘productions’ associated data attributes throughout their lifecycles.
Are you an experienced Software Engineer who loves building backend systems?
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Love brainstorming with fellow backend and UI engineers, product designers, product managers, and our users, to understand what they want, determine what they really need, and finally, what we should build.
- Enjoy the challenge of supporting many internal partners including both frontend, backend, and Data Science teams spanning the Netflix Studio overall; and the individual show Production teams themselves on set.
- Independently look for needs and create top-tier solutions. Take calculated risks, recognize when you’re wrong, learn from your mistakes, and move past them.
- You also excel in developing microservice based distributed systems with high availability, throughput, fault tolerance, & performance.
- Aim to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to learn & improve.
- Are interested in Film Production, Script Writing, and VFX & Animation workflows
We would love to work with you if:
- You have a passion for making a positive impact on the daily lives of media professionals bringing stories to life
- You are an expert Java programmer who is up-to-date with the evolution of Java and its ecosystem of frameworks & build tools (or have experience building distributed systems in other strongly-typed languages like Go or C#)
- You have experience with several relational & NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, Redis, or PostgreSQL
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services building and deploying cloud related software
- You have experience with Elasticsearch, information retrieval, or caching technologies
- You operated or have experience deploying machine learning & data science models
Los Gatos, California (remote friendly)
Netflix changed how the world watches movies; now we’re changing how they’re made!
Our mission at Netflix is to entertain the world. We do it by producing content in new formats, supporting creators who otherwise wouldn’t have a voice, and telling stories that otherwise wouldn’t be told.
We’re uniquely positioned to use our extensive engineering expertise to reinvent the movie making process, improve creative results, & increase efficiency. Producing entertainment experiences can be a more joyful experience with creative use of technologies and a differentiator for talent producing content with Netflix.
A couple of other things:
Our culture is unique & we live by our values, we invite you to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can read more about our point of view on inclusion and diversity here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org