Senior Data Engineer, Growth
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is re-imagining entertainment with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries on millions of devices. One of the ways we do this is using insights from data to optimize for the best customer experience. The Growth Data Engineering team is responsible for data that is critical in driving customer acquisition and optimizing the signup experience for our members to come. Our work empowers product managers and business leaders to rapidly experiment and innovate on product experiences that drive towards our goal to “Entertain the world”.
In this role, you will partner closely with other engineers and data scientists to power experimentation, analytical data products, and machine learning models. This is an opportunity for someone with a strong data engineering background to demonstrate their thought leadership in crafting metrics and elegant insights that have a direct impact on the business.
- You are proficient in at least one major language (e.g., Java, Scala, Python) and SQL (any variant).
- You strive to write elegant and maintainable code, and you’re comfortable with picking up new technologies.
- You have a product mindset to understand business needs and come up with scalable engineering solutions. You have a strong background in building distributed data pipelines.
- You are always looking for opportunities to simplify, automate tasks, and build reusable components across multiple use cases and teams.
- You have strong communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional partners and drive projects.
- You have an eye for detail and like to spark joy amongst your partners with high-quality data products that are well documented, modeled, and easy to understand.
- You are comfortable working in the most agile environments with vague requirements and rapid iterations. You are nimble and take smart risks.
- You relate to and embody many of the aspects of the Netflix Culture. You love working independently while also collaborating and giving/receiving candid feedback.
Learn more about the team, technologies, and the immediate team members you’d get to work with!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.