Senior VFX Pipelines Engineer, Digital Production Pipelines Engineering
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
As a VFX Pipelines Engineer you will be working with production teams and digital artists (internal & external) to develop and deploy pipelines for our VFX teams. In this role you will be responsible for providing solutions to scale the automation of processes, and integrate third-party applications. You will analyze production and artist’s needs; and design and develop architecture and tools with customized enhancements to provide solutions to support the growth of production and its global reach. You should have experience with service-based architectures; programming in languages like Python, Node.js, C++, or Java; developing tools using a variety of third-party software APIs; and working in a production environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and iterate with users on tools and workflow that service multiple productions and leverage best practices.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications.
- Provide guidance to artists and Technical Directors on designing user-friendly experiences, and structuring data.
- Maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications.
- Develop plug-ins or tools for artists working around the world.
Some qualifications we’d like to see
- Experience working with VFX or Animation artists,building pipelines for a variety of artist domains such as PreViz, Look Development, Lighting, Animation, Compositing, FX, etc.
- Experience in VFX and/or 3D feature animation engineering teams, building and supporting technology that connects or extends the capabilities of tools like Shotgun, Nuke, Houdini, Maya,
- Avid, ProTools, After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere, along with tools for review and render-farm management.
- Experience transforming business operations in a large enterprise with many simultaneous productions.
- Extensive experience in Python, Node.js, C++, or Java.
- An ability to work independently and drive results.
- Understanding of cloud storage and computing.
- Working knowledge of data management, and content security best practices.
- The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes.
- A passion for sound and the moving image.
Looking for More Information? Check Out the Following Resources:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.