Senior Full Stack Product Engineer – Growth Notifications
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service.
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with more than 200 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Messaging Engineering team at Netflix creates & delivers multi-channel messaging experiences for customers and partners in the Netflix ecosystems. The team owns the platform, applications, channels, and messages that enable Netflix to communicate with its customers and partners.
We are an experimentation-focused product development team. We experiment on outbound messaging channels such as Email, Push, Messaging Apps, and the browser to name a few. The team also owns in-product notifications on all Netflix-supported devices. We experiment on messaging experiences in the Notification Center and elsewhere within the product.
You can read more details on some of the work the team has done on the Messaging @ Netflix site.
As a Senior Full Stack Product Engineer on the Growth Notifications Team, you will be responsible for innovation on the Netflix product through notifications to help Netflix on its path to 500 million members. You will ideate and implement experiments (A/B Tests), build features, deploy systems, and work in a cross functional team of stunning colleagues that includes teammates from product management, design, data science, consumer insights, and engineering. On the backend you will enable product experiences by working closely with UI engineers on Android, iOS, Website, and TV. On the frontend side, you will develop product experiences using email as the canvas as well as collaborate with a core set of email UI developers to build a framework to enable email product development for all of Netflix consumer needs. You will collaborate with engineers on a variety of backend systems from core membership services such as billing, payments, and accounts, to infrastructure, personalization, and content management teams. The team works on projects that bring in millions of dollars of annual incremental revenue for Netflix.
This is a highly visible role that gives you the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the growth of Netflix.
- Experience in developing consumer-facing applications through experimentation techniques like A/B Testing
- Fluent in Java and other object oriented languages
- Prior experience in Typescript
- Front end web development experience (React, CSS, SASS/LESS)
- Experience writing SQL queries on big data platforms (SparkSQL, Presto, Hive, etc)
- Designing intuitive and extensible APIs
- Developing reusable, templated frameworks
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience building backend systems to power frontend experiences
- Experience working with product development teams
- Prior experience creating web and/or email based experiences with AMP.
- Experience building flows using various channels like Push, SMS, messaging apps, and In
- Product messaging experiences
- Experience with localization systems and ICU formatting
- Prior experience in creating Responsive & Interactive HTML and/or AMP Email Development experience
- Previous experience in building large-scale, highly resilient gRPC services
- You are diligent, thoughtful, and articulate. You have great oral and written communication skills and can communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You can work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, testing, deployment, operations and support)
- You can make wise choices and take smart risks when dealing with ambiguous requirements.
- Once you have context, you can figure out how to solve problems on your own.
- You are proactive and can move fast or pivot to meet the changing needs of the product
- You enjoy problem solving and can use everything from big-data to command line tools to help you identify and fix issues
- You are passionate about product development and you enjoy the independence of managing projects on your own
- You care about business strategy and customer experience.
This team is remote inclusive and the Netflix culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix by reading about our culture. Apply to talk to us to see if this product development role on a small, impactful, and collaborative team is right for you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.