Lead Data Engineer
Website New Relic
Join our mission to create a more perfect internet
Help build Data Web Applications that power the Growth, GTM, Product, and Sales teams at NewRelic. We seek a Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about building web-based data products that will enable the entire company to consume actionable insights.
We are a fast-growing Data Engineering & Technology team building an “internal-facing data product” with a bold, ambitious vision to build the core data foundation needed to run a successful consumption business. We build core data products, promote data-driven culture, democratize insights through self-service, and establish a single source of truth in business and customer metrics.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a team of Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data modelers.
- Run and automate end-to-end data engineering and operations, including post-implementation support.
- Provide thought leadership to grow and evolve DE function and implementation in building internal-facing data products
- Work closely with upstream data teams to define and implement best in class data platforms and data instrumentation
- Communicate technical insights and recommendations effectively to executive leadership.
This role requires:
- 5 plus years of experience in data management/analytics
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in Sophisticated SQL queries, Python programming, Data Structures, and Data modeling (Star, +Snowflake, OWT, and Galaxy schemas)
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Consistent record with the following:
- EDW: Bigquery or Snowflake or Redshift
- Job scheduling and orchestration: Airflow or Astronomer.io
- Data transformation framework: DBT
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Estimated Annual Salary Range: $ 135,000 – $ 169,000 (for Colorado based roles only)
Consistent with New Relic’s values and applicable law, we provide the following information to promote pay transparency and equity. The salary range above represents a good faith estimate of the low and high end salary range for the listed position if based in Colorado. This role is eligible for the corporate bonus plan (or, if a sales role, a commission plan as defined in the sales incentive plan document), participation in our stock equity plan, short- and long-term incentives, and other department-specific awards that may be applicable. In addition, New Relic provides a variety of benefits to employees. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado with compensation that aligns with your location. The range provided may also represent candidate ranges and may not reflect the full range or geographic differential for an individual tenured employee.
To apply for this job please visit newrelic.careers.