Sr Product Manager – Cloud Acceleration
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Senior Product Manager for the Cloud Acceleration team, you will manage and prioritize requirements for our products as well as manage customer expectations.
Cloud Acceleration’s purpose is to help Nike ship better software, faster. We do this by empowering Nike developers to focus on serving consumers, instead of worrying about details of their delivery and cloud processes. Daily Activities Include:
– Gathering and analyzing technical specifications
– Handling product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
– Meeting with customers to understand their use of the cloud platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
– Engaging with customers and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
– Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap, translating that into user stories for the team
– Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
– Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, sprint planning and backlog refinement
– 5+ years’ experience in a similar/complementary role
– Experience managing highly visible products with Agile product management principles and practices.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and numerous customers and stakeholders with various requirements
– Ability to prioritize work, clarify requirements, and drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
– Excellent presentation abilities
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
– Cloud technology – AWS EC2, IAM, CloudFormation, SQS, SNS, RDS or equivalent Google Cloud or Azure technologies
– RESTful Microservices
– NoSQL – Cassandra, AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB
– Cloud architecture – loosely coupled systems, fault-tolerance, HA, scalability
– Continuous Delivery
– Degree in Computer Science, engineering/related field or equivalent experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Agile Certification
– Proven track record delivering a platform solution in a complex environment
– Open source software management experience
– Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.