Lead Software Engineer
The Planning & Manufacturing Technology team within Global Technology is determined to be a global leader in supply chain planning technology. We are passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to be part of a mission critical team focused on building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain planning platforms that drives Nike’s Digital transformation and growth strategies. The Lead Software Engineer serves as a technical expert for the software engineering team.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will support mission critical platforms across Inventory forecasting, Inventory Management and Supply Planning. The squad you support will own multiple microservice based platforms that use inhouse solutions or best of breed third party packages to deliver value to our consumers. You will create distributed system designs, RESTful APIs and infrastructure via code.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work with globally distributed teams across product, program, architecture, and engineering. You will help your squads collaborate with other squads to deliver end to end solutions. You will partner with architects and other teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled and independently scalable. You will report into the Director of Engineering for your capability area.
WHAT YOU BRING
– A minimum of 8 years software development experience
– Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
– Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
– Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, Scala, or Python
– Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
– Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL and Oracle
– Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx, and New Relic
– Experience with continuous integration (CI), unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests (continuous delivery (CD) experience is preferred)
– Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory Planning, Inventory Forecasting, Inventory management, Supply Planning, or Demand Planning.
– Exposure to any enterprise packages like SAP Advance Planning & Optimization (APO), o9 Supply Chain Management, Blue Yonder Luminate Planning, or others including custom / proprietary Planning solutions.
– Working knowledge of Scrum and Agile principles is desired.
– Experience with driving culture changes using DevOps principles and practices.
– Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area is required or equivalent work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to Jennifer.Scales@nike.com