Director, Global Fulfillment and Logistics Systems
Website Nike, Inc.
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As the Director of Engineering for Global Fulfillment and Logistics Technology, you’ll be responsible for leading the implementation pf end-to-end technical solutions in support of Nike’s Global Fulfillment platforms and services. You’ll work closely with the Product and architecture teams to provide leadership and strategy for solutions across multiple capability areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology.
– Leads the strategy, design, development and deployment of technical solutions that have significant strategic, long-term impact on the business and achieve competitive advantage for the company; aligned with the strategic objectives of Nike and future capability roadmaps.
– Establishes and communicates a strategic vision for multiple engineering disciplines.
– Builds / implements cohesive global talent & staffing strategy, helping to recruit top-tier technical talent.
– Leads the principal advanced engineering function for the organization, driving architectural and technical runways for the GFLS organization.
– Partners with business technology capability leaders to provide technical advice and influence strategic decision making.
– Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks.
– Partner with enterprise architecture on building guiding principles and influencing strategy for Nike’s next generation technology platform strategy.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE:
– Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field (additional 5 years of experience in Lieu of a degree).
– 10 + years’ IT or business experience with at least 5 years of leadership experience building and leading globally distributed technology teams.
– Experience working in a highly matrixed work environment with a demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills – the ability to work collaboratively across all levels is a must.
– Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a distributed global environment.
– Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)
– A Passion for recruiting and building technology teams and high- performing technology team cultures.
– Experience with leading teams deploying solutions to cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, GCP, JIE, etc (AWS strongly preferred).
– Experience partnering with, and managing enterprise SAAS software vendors.
– Experience in Global Logistics, Fulfillment & Warehousing technologies a serious plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nike.com.