Java / Python Developer
Accelerating the future of finance
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm accelerating the Bitcoin future. We believe that Bitcoin is not just a new asset class but a potentially powerful force for good. NYDIG’s focus is two-fold. First, we aim to provide the best investor solution platform with the most sophisticated suite of products to corporations, asset managers, institutions, and other sophisticated investors. Second, we aim to democratize access by providing a technology platform capable of powering embedded bitcoin products and services for any financial institution.
Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We look for optimistic, passionate, low-ego, excellence-driven people who want to work together on creating impactful solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm innovating in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for an experienced Java / Python Developer to join our core engineering team! Our core engineering team is responsible for developing and scaling our suite of applications for NYDIG’s Investor Solutions and Platform Solutions offering. These solutions – like our API integrations, flagship custody platform, and risk management platform – help tackle some of the most interesting challenges that institutionalized Bitcoin investors face every day.
Our engineers wear many different hats throughout the software development life cycle. As such, you will interface directly with our business users and product managers to gather requirements and be responsible for the design, build, test, deploy, and maintain our technology offerings. We’re looking for strong, well-rounded developers who are eager to innovate and develop next-generation Bitcoin technology!
- Design, architect, and develop distributed and highly secure systems using modern architecture deployed in the cloud (we use AWS)
- Improve system robustness by reducing the chances of operator error, detecting aberrant conditions, and improve our automated end-to-end test framework
- Provide guidance through code reviews, driving process improvements, and hands on contributions
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, with Java (or other JVM language) preferred, Python, OR other OOP languages such as C++ or C#
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience deploying applications on cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong opinions on techniques that maintain and improve team productivity, code quality and culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication, particularly when describing system architecture and capabilities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.