Head of Portfolio Strategy and Architecture
Website Ocean Spray Cranberries
Reporting to the CDTO, the Head of Portfolio Strategy and Architecture is a critical role on the IT leadership team to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues facing the cooperative and translate those into a comprehensive technology architecture strategy. The position is responsible for providing strategic architecture leadership and execution across product teams that spans across all parts of the cooperative.
In this role, you must be able to design, develop and oversee the execution of solutions (within agile frameworks) within the product teams to address business requirements; establish business system information architecture requirements in the development of enterprise-wide information systems for all parts of the Cooperative; and provide architectural blueprints and work with solution architects for architectural leadership and guidance to the other functional areas of the Ocean Spray team.
You will also be responsible for translating business vision into technical strategy by driving product management teams and strategic design, as well as defining our application roadmap aligned to our 2-3+ year strategy and targets, considering ERP transformation and legacy application sunsetting. A key aspect of the role is identifying opportunities for consolidation, complexity reduction, and simplification.
This role designs comprehensive solutions considering people, process, data, integrations, and technology, aligning application and technology roadmaps with business goals, and driving the transition from current to future state in order to drive business value.
- Lead a team of portfolio and product managers who are responsible for overseeing development of new technologies as well as driving the cooperative’s overall technical directions, including mid-term and long-term technology strategy
- Co-create legacy debt roadmap with Operations Director and co-manage the simplification and efficiency with defined and sequenced application lifecycle roadmap
- Identify opportunities, build product vision and understand market needs, roadmap and strategy
- Product groups will be co-resourced with 3rd party services, successfully vendor manage resources and relationships for maximum value and cost
- Develop and manage the ongoing strategy for evaluate build, buy or partner decisions
- Accountable and responsible for application software cost management and lifecycle
- Ensures technology investments and strategies align with business requirements
- Provides advanced expertise in multiple technologies, including emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Management (Masters level preferred)
- Minimum of 15 years IT experience
- 10+ years in management with proven experience at the senior level
- 7+ years experience working within the product & architecture discipline, certifications desirable
- CPG / manufacturing and/or relevant management consultancy experience highly desirable to guide the right portfolio choices across commercial and manufacturing environments
- Entrepreneurial spirit with execution based focus and speed to market with pragmatic approach
- Experience in M&A and integration work highly desirable
- Experience creating and managing an application inventory and aligning annual business planning and new portfolio management processes to ensure industry data standards, lifecycle management of infrastructure, integrations, application, and retirement strategies are incorporated into multi-year plans
- Proven ability to deliver leading edge technology in retail/CPG/manufacturing within rapid, cost effective timeframes
- Trust and Integrity
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org