Orum is revolutionizing how consumers and businesses send, receive, and access money through its platform of API-based, embeddable infrastructure products. Powered by proprietary intelligence, Orum optimizes transactions for speed, cost, and risk, enabling intelligent routing across multiple rails–including ACH, same-day ACH, RTP, crypto, wires and more–unlocking 24/7/365 money movement for our partners.
The Orum team is helmed by expert fintech operators from LearnVest, Marqeta, N26, Square, Stripe and Stash and has raised over $82M from leading investors, including Accel, Canapi, Bain Capital Ventures, Inspired Capital, Homebrew, Acrew, BoxGroup, Clocktower Ventures, Primary Ventures, SVB Capital, and American Express Ventures. To learn more, visit Orum.io.
At Orum, we are a remote-first and people-first company. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. We have thoughtfully invested in the right tools and practices that will enable individuals to bring their best selves to work while having the flexibility and support to enjoy their personal lives. We are committed to cultivating an equitable and inclusive work environment where everyone’s voice matters. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
You will be managing a team responsible for building and maintaining services and infrastructure powering our core products. As an Engineering Manager, you will coach your team on their technical skills, foster collaboration, and create opportunities for learning and continued development.
As part of a small but growing engineering team, you will also help create the engineering culture and values at Orum. We strive to have a strong, deliberate culture defined around continuous learning, autonomy and ownership, and acknowledgment of failure. You don’t need to match our practices and culture, as you’ll help to define it. We pride ourselves on diversity and creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons.
In this role you’ll:
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of 5- 8 Software Engineers.
- Ensure your teammates have an understanding of the expectations of their respective roles and provide regular, timely, actionable feedback to assess their performance.
- Implement effective engineering processes that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Keep your team aligned with the overall focus of the company through regular review of company-wide objectives and key results.
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets end-to-end feature development commitments.
- Develop an inclusive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work.
- Manage dependencies, facilitate collaboration and communicate key updates with cross-functional stakeholders across senior leadership, Product Management, Design, Data Science, and CX.
- Work with team members on career development by understanding their goals and finding learning opportunities.
- Set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including interviewing and onboarding.
You should apply if:
- You have 6+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience with cloud systems and containers.
- You have experience managing a team of engineers.
- You have experience weighing several and often conflicting constraints when tasked with making rapid choices.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You have experience owning large projects and seeing them through from start to finish.
- You have professional experience across the software development life cycle, from ideation to coding to production, including on-call and incident management.
- You have familiarity with and interest in cloud computing, serverless application stacks, and managing infrastructure through code.
- You have familiarity with continuous integration and delivery, and techniques for testing code end-to-end.
- You have familiarity with software development principles such as agile software development, Gitflow, and test-driven development.
- You have a knack for always showing up with curiosity.
- You have experience with financial, accounting, or payments systems is nice to have.
About our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 100% paid medical for you and your dependents, as well as dental and vision plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Matching
- Employee stock incentive plan
- Take what you need PTO
- 12 paid holidays & 1-week company-wide time off in December
- Paid parental leave
- Paid monthly mental health days for you to reset and focus on your personal well being
- Weekly meeting-free, deep-work days
- Bi-weekly paid virtual “Cafeteria” lunches
- Subsidized membership to co-working spaces
- Quarterly health and wellness stipend
- Stipends for remote office supplies
- Ongoing professional development
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.