Engineering Program Manager
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Our teams drive and deliver programs across PayPal, building new products and launching them globally. These programs span multiple teams, projects, locations and involve complex technologies. Program Managers plan, execute, track and manage end to end solutions to ensure the desired customer and business value is delivered. They drive efforts across the PayPal enterprise – focused on product teams and including operations, infrastructure, and all other functions necessary to deliver our goals. They always demonstrate a solid understanding of the program vision and roadmap and keep stakeholders aligned to ensure success.
· Organize and lead planning activities resulting in the creation of a release/program roadmap. Ensure all teams align with enterprise planning expectations.
· Define launch strategy for new product capabilities including geographic scope and rollouts, detailed timing, ramp and analytics plan
· Proactively manage across stakeholder groups to establish interdependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
· Exercise smart decision-making and effectively collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders to address key issues and roadblocks aggressively and in a timely fashion.
· Ensure measurable KPIs are developed for the program, and that they align to the overall KPIs for the product.
· Design and manage pilots and beta testing
· Create and manage clear Gating Criteria with business partners for Go/No-go decisions.
· Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions.
· Identify program impediments and address including proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed
· Lead program retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence
· Advocate and manage program implementation according to PayPal’s product lifecycle management
· Maintain awareness of cross product/program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
· Lead effective project / program governance and stakeholder management, ensuring adequate understanding of timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies
· Assess the current methodology, identify / rationalize gaps vs. best practices, and continuously improve the process to support our aggressive deployment schedule.
Professional experience requirements:
· Candidates from 5 to 10+ years of experience are welcome for a variety of roles and levels.
· Relevant experience organizing multiple teams delivering on software/product development initiatives required. Agile lifecycle management experience preferred.
· Successful track record of managing complex development programs to deliver technical solutions and achieve business results, positively impacting the customer experience.
· Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies
· Strong technical acumen and strong voice of the customer across the program delivery lifecycle.
· Good knowledge of project management process, project management software tools, templates and management techniques
· Experience with different software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum
· Success in developing program/project level artifacts to support a major software implementation program with concurrent releases
Key competency requirements:
· An inherent bias to action
· Proven leadership skills; self-motivated and a self-starter with a “Can do” attitude
· Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed and able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
· High degree of professional confidence and credibility with effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels
· Sharp business judgment, detail oriented yet able to always see the “big picture”
· Strong partnering and influencing skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization including senior leaders
· Strong problem-solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently
· Ability to adapt, be flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
To apply for this job please visit paypal.eightfold.ai.