Backend Node Engineer
As a backend engineer at Plex, you will work on a distributed, cross-functional team to build backend services that power our streaming platform. You will help people find and enjoy movies and shows that they love.
What you’ll do
- You will help new and returning users find and discover the content they love.
- You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying services that provide the best experience for catalog browsing, content discovery, search and personalization.
- You will collaborate closely with product owners and designers to explore new ways of surfacing and promoting relevant and interesting content.
- You will work closely with our team of client engineers who are focused on building engaging experiences using the content discovery services.
- You will partner with other engineers from our cloud services teams to establish our backend standards and to integrate with our metadata and recommendations services.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience building large-scale backend services.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Node.js and TypeScript.
- You have experience with databases at scale and some experience with MongoDB in particular.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and optimizing search results is a plus.
- You are familiar with engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You care about code quality and are committed to writing strongly typed, well-tested code.
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, reliable experiences.
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done.
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be its best.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.