Director, Digital NEST Center
Website Digital NEST
High tech for young minds.
The Center Director reports directly to the Director of Program Operations and will work with Digital NEST leadership to provide direction and strategic planning for all site functions; Operating in accordance with policies, procedures, and standards established by Digital NEST. The Center Director’s goal is to create and maintain a supportive and caring learning environment that attracts and retains members in the NEST community through the completion of the member’s training program.
Management & Supervision (50%)
- Lead in the development of the center goals aligned to the organization’s strategic plan in concert with local community needs.
- Lead the efforts at the their respective site to maximize the Digital NEST’s mission impact in the community.
- Work with the Director of Operations to develop and follow a plan for professional development.
Marketing and Communications
- Work with Digital NEST communication team to identify, develop, implement and measure the effectiveness of a comprehensive communication and marketing strategies that raise the profile of the Digital NEST.
- With the support of the Communications department, lead the site’s marketing activities including collaborating with stakeholders across the community to create seamless, integrated communications to audiences and channels that drive relationship building.
- Partner across sites to amplify the effectiveness of all regional marketing communications.
- Work with the Digital NEST Communications team to understand marketing communications best practices and to ensure Digital NEST stays ahead of global marketing trends.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget and is fully responsible for ensuring all expenses are kept within budget and all projected revenues are met.
- Manage and implement the financial plan for fundraising, staffing and other expenses.
- Monitor monthly financial reports to assure that fundraising targets are met and expenses are controlled.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and direct staff teams under your supervision.
- Establish a professional development plan for each direct report. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develop and track direct reports’ KPIs in accordance with the overall organizational strategic plan.
- Instill and model a high level of customer service.
- Conduct regular quality control check-ins with center staff regarding their membership duties to ensure all tasks are carried out resulting in gathering feedback to share at regional meetings.
- Serve as an active member of the Regional Center Leadership Team; attends and contributes to regional meetings, provides leadership to appropriate site staff as appropriate.
Community Volunteer Development
- Identify, recruit and orient community-based volunteers as needed for the center to ensure future local operational sustainability.
- The local center focused Advisory Committee.
- Serve as staff lead to the local Advisory Committee and appropriate local Ad Hoc Committees.
- Oversee the development of volunteer leadership for local communities by engaging community members in meaningful work as policy and fundraising volunteers.
- Fiscal Reporting (variance reports) – monthly written review of Budget vs.
- Actual financial statement resulting in explanation of savings/overages in expense including detailed action plan when savings/expenses fall outside of +/- 10%.
- Fundraising Reports – monthly written report documenting the tracking and analysis of fundraising goals, including explanation of monthly results.
- Membership Reports – responsible for partnering with Member Advocates and Member Specialists in compiling and submitting final draft of monthly report to Director of Operations & Chief Program Officer. Reports will include membership numbers reflective of site as well as compose narratives highlighting successes and areas for improvement gleaned from Member Advocates & Specialists.
- Marketing Reports – prepare reports for discussion and analysis of key marketing/communication initiatives with focus on effectiveness and achievement of performance indicators resulting in optimization recommendations.
- Facility Inspection Reports – conduct monthly Site Inspection written report and score to be reviewed and analyzed during one-on-one meetings with the Director of Operations.
- Community Relations Reports – monthly review Partner Matrix submitted to Director of Operations recapping previous month’s efforts in fostering relationship/community connections, as well as strategic identification of prospective stakeholders and community leaders.
- Contribute to the establishment of a compelling localized “Case for Support,” including uplifting local success stories.
- Strengthen and cultivate relationships with local philanthropy (e.g. community foundations, local government, high net worth individuals, and business) to assist with local center’s fundraising goals.
- Lead local center specific fundraising during the Annual Digital NEST Campaign.
- Engage center staff in contributing to achieving fundraising goals (through participation in Thank-a-Thons, writing letters, etc.)
Facility Operations (30%)
Responsible for instilling a positive first impression to all members, volunteers, and guests through the development of a clean, safe and well-maintained facility. Address facility and safety issues in a timely manner as needed.
In partnership with the Director of Program Operations, conduct monthly facility inspections, resulting in a score of at least 75% or better.
Supervise all on-site major renovation to building and grounds as directed by the Director of Operations as well as oversee the preventive and ongoing maintenance of all site equipment.
Understand approved use of various chemicals and cleaning agents and be able to use and follow all SDS materials/precautions and directions associated with them.
Maintain accurate maintenance records including all equipment such as fire extinguishers & AED machines. Proactively participate in safety protocols and ensure they are followed.
Facility Signage: ensure that the facility is up-to-date, including program flyers, NEST brand signage.
Role model and train staff on facility security, safety and emergency protocols resulting in appropriate activity and use of the NEST facility.
Manage operational systems resulting in continuous improvement of the following areas:
- Ensures Co-working and Program spaces have necessary supplies and equipment needed.
- Coordinate with the IT Systems Manager on implementing technological tools.
Manage the master calendar in coordinating events and activities submitted by Digital NEST staff.
Assess and determine center’s availability for external requests as submitted by local community-based groups and for profit entities.
Maintain a playbook of local social services available to members and their families (mental health, child care, financial services, etc).
Community Relations (20%)
Represent Digital NEST in local communities through civic and service involvement (i.e. Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, city government).
Foster relationships with local business leaders, public officials, external youth serving organizations, and community leaders, resulting in the elevation of Digital NEST’s image.
Identify specific community needs and the development of strategies to meet those needs.
Work with Digital NEST communications department to develop and implement local marketing and public relations plans.
Communicate any external opportunities such as jobs, internships, apprenticeships, conferences, training, etc. to appropriate colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 12 years of experience in a management role.
- At least 7 years in a supervisory role with a focus in the following: Fundraising principles, recruitment and leading fundraising volunteers; Direct supervision of multiple levels of an operational diversified workforce.
Senior leadership of operational aspects of youth programs serving a vulnerable population; Budget development and management of fiscal control systems.
- Accountable for performance outcomes/KPI attainment at the regional/organizational level.
- Ability to direct total operations through supervision of staff, volunteer development, marketing and public relations. Including building and sustaining trust with staff, volunteer boards and community partnerships.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and experience overseeing complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge of strategies to engage community leaders regarding diverse, under-represented and vulnerable youth populations in technology learning and career development.
- Ability to support the ideals of social equity, inclusivity and career development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building experience, comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to multi-task multiple operational areas with varying needs.
- Advanced knowledge of positive youth development and emotional and physical safety standards and practices in youth work.
- Strong public speaking ability and excellent oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Computer knowledge: Reports, Management software, CRM and Google Suite.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for the mission of Digital NEST and belief in upholding organization’s core values.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to issues of culture/ethnicity/race, gender, sexual identity, class/SES and immigration status.
- Ability to be an ally to people of color, women and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer, questioning and intersex individuals and their allies (LGBTQIA).
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, pass a background check, and be able to travel and work evenings or weekends occasionally, or as needed.
- Maintain dexterity and coordination, sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Ability to perform administrative, computer-based tasks, to be mobile (including, but not limited to walking, bending, squatting, crouching, twisting, kneeling, reaching, etc.), and lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 35 pounds as needed.
To apply for this job please visit digitalnest.applytojob.com.