Senior Software Engineer
Prewitt Ridge was founded in 2019 to solve one of the most difficult meta-problems in deep tech: engineering collaboration. We’ve created Verve, an Engineering collaboration environment that eases friction when designing, assessing, and managing complex systems. We establish an inclusive digital engineering workflow that enables streamlined integration of diverse data sets from multiple design systems and tools. In short: all engineers working off of the same page with minimal overhead, no matter what their background or area of expertise.
Prewitt Ridge is a remote-first company headquartered in Los Angeles but with teammates in Albuquerque, New York, and Austin, and is hiring throughout the United States. We offer a generous benefits and equity package, unlimited PTO 🏖, flexible scheduling, and frequent off-site engagements (COVID permitting).
Senior Software Engineer 👩🏽💻
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will own one or more components of our web applications and produce scalable software solutions critical to the design and development of complex engineering systems (such as rockets, aircrafts, and nuclear reactors, oh my! 🚀). You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment. Plus, you’ll be working closely with the VP of Engineering, a fellow Latina in Tech member! ✨
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Prewitt Ridge, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We are more interested in candidates with a demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems, culture fit, and a willingness to learn than candidates who can put checks in boxes.
If you’re passionate about having a positive impact on the world, and accelerating humanity’s ability to innovate, then we’d love to talk! 😊
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 3+ years in software engineering, OR 5+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience developing across a diverse stack, i.e. web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
- 2+ years of experience working on an Agile/Scrum team
- Familiarity with version control, Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, and continuous delivery concepts
- Expertise with relevant backend technologies and libraries (Flask, SQLAlchemy, OpenAPI)
- Expertise with relevant frontend technologies and libraries (React, Redux, Storybook)
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team
- Expertise with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible and CloudFormation
- Experience with build systems (Webpack, Pants) and package management tools (pip, npm)
- Experience with deploying enterprise software on AWS and Azure using both serverless and containerized approaches. GovCloud and Azure Government experience is a plus.
- Experience as a Scrum Master and/or have Scrum Master Certification
- Deep understanding of continuous integration, build, deployment and continuous monitoring
- Experience scaling web applications and optimizing applications for performance.
- In depth knowledge of network security, product security, and modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and OIDC.
- Experience building (non-software focused) engineering tools or working in an engineering environment
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com