Software Development Manager – XM Discover, Platform
As a Software Development Manager on the XM Discover Platform team, you will be collaborating with a talented team of progressive engineers to bring our software to the next levels of scalability, performance, security, and functionality.
The Platform team owns applications and services responsible for large-scale processing, storage, and analytics on customer feedback data. We’re building services that allow business to understand what people are saying about them, wherever they’re saying it. From the contact center to social media to online reviews—and everywhere in between.
This stack processes very large amounts of free-form data using a variety of technologies such as Java, Go, Elastic, Kafka, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Jenkins, Ansible, EKS, and others. We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at contributing code, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the XM Discover Platform team.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/STEM (Master’s degree is preferred)
- 6+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with relevant technology stacks – Java, Go
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
A Day in the Life
- You will be an SDM for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
To apply for this job email your details to CAROLINAR@qualtrics.com