Vice President, Technology Policy
Website Retail Industry Leaders Association
Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA)
VP, Tech Policy
The Vice President, Technology Policy represents the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) before Congress and the Administration on technology policy issues including privacy, competition, and cybersecurity. The position also oversees RILA’s Privacy Leaders Council and serves as an expert resource on technology policy issues for all RILA member companies.
WHO WE ARE
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for leading retailers and is based in Washington, D.C. Through collaboration and thought leadership, we provide retail executives a forum to network, share best practices, advance ideas, and take action.
Equally as important, RILA values a work environment where employees can thrive. We rely on teamwork, respect, trust & transparency, flexibility, and commitment to serve ourselves and our members well.
- Lead government affairs responsibilities for privacy, competition, cybersecurity, innovation, and related technology issues
- Serve as RILA’s lead advocate and expert on above referenced issues with Members of Congress and staff, key congressional committees, agencies, and state and local authorities
- Work with relevant government agencies (FTC, DHS, White House, and others)
- Submit comments on relevant Federal Register notices and rulemakings
- Educate Congressional and agency staff on key RILA issues or impact of potential policy decisions
- Plan and oversee congressional visits on core issues
- Prepare testimony for congressional hearings
- Keep RILA member companies up to date on key developments and solicit input and feedback
- Manage the RILA Privacy Leaders Council
- Serve as an expert resource for privacy experts at RILA member companies
- Manage outside consultants and resources to meet policy objectives
- Contribute to RILA’s newsletters and publications
Required Skills & Experience
Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional work with a trade association, Capitol Hill or an Administration position, having engaged in the legislative and regulatory process with a particular emphasis on technology and privacy.
- Proven Technology Policy knowledge and issue expertise
- Prior experience should include some combination of work on or with Capitol Hill, the Executive branch, a trade association or for a company
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships with members, external partners and/or stakeholders
- Strong operational skills, with the ability to effectively work both collaboratively with our team and independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, without compromising quality of work
- Ability to create, manage, and facilitate content for virtual and in-person committee meetings
- Curiosity, flexibility, and willingness to change and adapt with the fast-paced retail industry
- Travel to meetings and events as necessary
- Generous medical, dental and vision coverage (FSA/HSA options available)
- Employer sponsored Life Insurance, STD and LTD coverage
- 401 (K) retirement plan with employer match
- Unlimited PTO + 13 Federal holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Hybrid work schedule (3 days in, 2 days telecommute)
- Team outings/gatherings
RILA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
The safety and wellbeing of our team members is the highest priority for RILA. The organization is currently working 100% remote and onboarding for this position will likely be conducted in a virtual/in person hybrid manner. The RILA office is expected to reopen on Jan. 10.
Please submit two documents – 1) a statement of interest and 2) resume – to our online recruiting site @ https://app.builtforteams.com/rila/jobs/08abb43c. Both documents are required to be considered for the position. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit app.builtforteams.com.