Architect, Front-End Engineering
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
- Be an integral member of a team focused on site performance, site security, third party integrations, and the planning and discovery process.
- Own and evolve the front-end architecture of the Sephora.com website and contribute to the architectural roadmap.
- Collaborate with other engineering, design, and product management teams to drive core programmatic design decisions and apply modern web frameworks on top of an existing highly scalable and flexible back end.
- Evangelize best practices and guide team members in applying them in a hands-on development environment.
- Deliver the product roadmap with the team as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Significant experience in architecting and designing solutions that utilize software and client-side design best practices.
- Solid experience with React.js (AngularJS or similar ok), node.js, libraries (Underscore, etc.), design patterns, tools (Webpack, npm, etc), cross-browser compatibility, unit testing, and performance optimization.
- Experience with implementing marketing pixels, tag management software, data collection best practices, and current industry standards regarding privacy (CCPA, GDPR).
- Experience with Agile or Scrum processes.
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce applications is desired but not necessary
- Experience with strategies for edge caching, SEO, Accessibility, Internationalization
Minimum educational level: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum experience: 5-7 years of experience in web technology with a successful history of launching highly effective projects for large transactional companies.
You’ll love working here because:
The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com