Lead Engineer, Loyalty Platform, Microservices
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Lead Software Engineer you will design and implement large scale enterprise solutions suited for one of the best considered Loyalty Platform in retail industry. Reporting to the Director. Engineering, you will work closely with extremely talented peers, leads from cross functional teams, enterprise architects and product managers to evaluate and understand requirements, identify gaps and come up with best ways to achieve the solution. This is a hands-on technical role which demand strong engineering capability with an eye on performance, scalability and quality and must be able to demonstrate all this in day to day working. Come be a part of the team that is chartered to deliver best of the breed solutions in Loyalty space.
- Lead, design and implement Java microservices for high availability systems using Object-Oriented design principles, data structures, algorithms, DBMS/SQL, and Software Engineering practices
- Work with product and engineering team to understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture to help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with architects, technical leads and key individuals within other functional groups
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solution
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure it meets best practice specifications
- Build and foster a high-performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide team with the tools and motivation to make things happen
- Work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to develop new solutions or enhance existing solution
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in planning, designing, developing and delivering enterprise solutions using Java/J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot frameworks, JBoss and other web related technologies
- First-hand experience in designing, deploying and managing Java micro services and RESTful APIs
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and deploying cloud-based applications using micro services architecture and best practices preferably on MS Azure cloud platform
- Prior experience in decomposing monolith application into micro services and deployed them in highly available, scalable and fault tolerant setup on cloud platforms
- Working experience with Kubernetes Container Orchestration, Istio service mesh, Feign client for third party calls, service discovery, Prometheus and Azure logging
- Implemented monitoring and alerts dashboards using Splunk, Nagios and App Dynamics
- Hands-on experience with queueing and streaming solutions such as Kafka, JMS, Coherence, etc.
- Good hands-on experience with MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL Postgres, Redis databases as high-performance cloud IaaS and PaaS setup
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks and use good coding standards and design patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines, building regression-able code using GitHub, Jenkins and other dev ops related tools & applications
- Analytical approach to problem-solving with an ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, independent, efficient and able to handle several projects; work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced (startup like) agile development environment
- Friendly, articulate, and interested in working in a fun, small team environment
- Experience working in the retail industry with a large-scale enterprise organization, ecommerce, marketing and self-serviceable applications will be a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent; MS preferred
You’ll love working here because:
The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org