Your role at Sephora…
As our Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of current and next generation solutions for secure, scalable and robust microservices cloud platform. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving hard problems, building teams, coaching engineers on writing highly scalable code, and who has a know-how of latest technologies and scalable architectures. You will be the inspiration for the technical team and inspire them continuously to improve the architecture. You will guide the technical approaches for several problems at once, working with our engineers to craft a system that’s scalable, reliable and a delight to our customers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own software architecture and technical approach across the cloud platform.
- Design and implement core, high-performance, distributed scalable systems.
- Innovate and drive technical vision, influence platform roadmap and vision.
- Mentor and lead the engineering team as a subject matter expert for all technology, performance and architecture related issues.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to drive key design decisions, document/communicate architectural expectations and ensure alignment.
- Know the latest industry trends and evaluate new technologies for appropriateness of applications.
- Ensure platform components have a clear separation of concerns and are designed for reliability or easy scaling.
- Participate and provide feedback for load and performance testing.
- Define and implement logging, monitoring and alerting framework for critical metrics at various levels.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS, services, applications, network, and security.
- Support on-call for operational issues and customer engagements.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Influence decisions, build consensus, and resolve conflicts constructively and proactively.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values: Passion, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We would love to hear from you if…
- 10+ years of software development experience building highly reliable, mission-critical software.
- Experience with Java, Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience with high performance MySQL/NoSQL environments.
- Experience in developing / architecting high transaction high throughput systems.
- Experience in enterprise cloud development.
- Substantial experience in building distributed SaaS/PaaS systems.
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems and / or equivalent experience.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have fun while working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you. You are what sets us apart.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org