Product Manager, Store Experience
Your role at Sephora…
As a Product Manager, Store Experience, you will help to deliver the future vision of Store Experience, specifically related to Beauty Advisor (store associate) enablement. You will be responsible for leading, developing, and delivering on the product vision and strategy related offering ease & convenience to clients through accelerated fulfillment. You will help ensure BA’s are armed with the digital tools to be efficient in omnichannel experiences, like BOPIS, and omnifulfillment through Point of Sale (POS). You will work closely with Product Management leaders to leverage best practices from other digital domains. This position has a high level of exposure throughout the company, and the candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and influence, with the ability to communicate a clear product vision, demonstrate a strong bias for action and practice collaboration and effective decision-making as superpowers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Define the product strategy and lead the full product lifecycle
- Capture and define the vision, objectives and priorities across the store experience, business operations, omnichannel and payments teams.
- Establish product metrics to measure success and align with business metrics to ensure shared goals.
- Ensure ability for ongoing monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting.
- Be client-centric: Lead sourcing and synthesis of discovery efforts to understand client’s and Beauty Advisor’s (store associate) needs to drive the product vision.
- Understand business priorities
- Own and manage the product roadmap to deliver business outcomes through project scoping, effective prioritization and by working closely with the cross-functional team to ensure that all the right resources are aligned to ensure the team’s success.
- Own ongoing enhancements and feature changes needed to support business goals.
- Gain understanding of key goals and impacts, including both technical and business process changes.
- Build strong product knowledge
- Develop an end-to-end understanding of the product and how it fits into the larger store experience ecosystem and be able to anticipate impacts from changes in other parts of the business.
- Understand the tradeoffs of technical decisions and how they ultimately impact the customer experience.
- Work with other product managers to ensure successful scoping, implementation, integration and roll-out across multiple interrelated tracks occur smoothly, with no interruption to any aspect of the overall business
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships business, product, user experience, and technical leads. Teams include but are not limited to Store Experience, Store Experience & Business Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values: Passion, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We would love to hear from you if…
- 5+ years experience in product management, product marketing or product development with a proven history of successfully launching large-scale technology projects.
- Must have prior experience successfully launching either enterprise-level point-of-sale or omni-channel/digital products.
- Experience with Agile product development, with intermediate to advanced proficiency in JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, communication platforms (Slack, MS Teams, ZOOM) and other industry-standard tools.
- Experience with PODs and Aha! roadmapping tool are nice to have.
- Ability to be nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs, in working with diverse teams & people, with a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects — excellent at prioritization, planning, task delegation, and working with peers in a cross-functional setting.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to ferret out the simple, practical solution over the overwrought and complicated.
- Ability to quickly identify critical decision points and potential issues and provide solutions, articulate business and technical implications/trade-offs, and make recommendations to project and leadership teams
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and practical organizational planning skills
Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams
- Prior experience in a retail environment understanding the core roles, functions, and operational processes or with consumer-facing products is required; In-store digital experience highly preferred.
- Self-sufficient: Ability to operate effectively without close supervision but with strong partnership skills and an ability to clearly define areas of ownership with operations, technology, and business leaders
- BA/BS and / or equivalent experience; MBA preferred but not required with demonstrated experience.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have fun while working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you. You are what sets us apart.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.