Manager, eCommerce Engineering
Your role at Sephora… As our Manager, eCommerce Engineering you will be part of a team that is at the handling one of the largest client traffic channel at Sephora. You will have the opportunity to develop applications that impact millions of clients in both North America & Canada. Your focus is going to be on managing the team which develops the core commerce APIs.
You will also have an opportunity to take on technology challenges that will revolutionize technology and experience in the web development areas. You will have the opportunity to analyze the big picture and perform tactical decision making that supports the strategic direction of Sephora, IT and the Engineering team. They will exercise these responsibilities in compliance with Sephora policies and standards along with industry best practices.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead technical design and delivery on complex features and new systems
- Manage a team (10+) of development engineers
- Manage the sprint releases with close zero tolerance on delivery slippages
- Work across entire tech stack from enterprise applications services to data base
- Establish principles and best practice guidelines used to design and implement enterprise class solutions
- Contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability and performance of the sephora.com and the commerce APIs
- Proactively monitor, identify, isolate and resolve problems to avoid impact on the business
- Ensure all teams related incident tickets are handled appropriately within the SLA’s
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate our Sephora values: Passion, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We would love to hear from you if…
- Experience in Enterprise applications development and solution architecture
- 5+ years of experience in developing web application and
- 3+ years of experience in API developments
- 3+ years of experience in managing a team of at least 4 engineers
- Experience in managing remote teams
Working experience with Oracle ATG eCommerce Suite / Commerce Tools / Salesforce eCommerce Suites
- Having the web development experience is a must. Candidate should have managed a team of web development engineers & successfully launched a .com application
- Knowledge of design patterns MVC, MVP & other design patterns
- Working knowledge in database technologies Oracle or MS SQL.
- Good understanding on monitoring solutions (Splunk / New Relic / Nagios)
- Understanding on Restful API’s. Ability to Write and Call a Restful API
- Experience in building service-oriented applications
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Must be results orientated and self-motivated
- Agile development practices
- Experience in managing applications hosted in the cloud
- Should be ready to review the code and work with the engineers to resolve the technical issues
- 10+ years overall experience in information systems and technology
Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, or a related field or equivalent work experience
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have fun while working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you. You are what sets us apart.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com