Copywriter & Copyeditor
The online coding and design school with a ❤
Skillcrush is looking for a Copywriter and Copyeditor to join our team! This is a full-time, early-career role for someone with experience in writing and editing digital sales and marketing content, a fantastic knack for using just the right style and tone, and an excellent eye for the detail in writing.
The Copywriter and Copyeditor will be a part of our Sales Team and our Marketing Team, working closely with our Sales Content Specialist and Managing Editor to get the word out about Skillcrush and our digital skill courses.
As Copywriter and Copyeditor, your main job will be developing, writing, and editing sales and nurture emails and sales and landing page copy and copyediting marketing content, including blog posts, social media posts, and newsletters. You’ll also help the Sales Team with user testing (i.e. finding out what our current and potential students think about our sales efforts) and developing our sales user personas. Plus you’ll be expected to pitch in on other Sales Team and Marketing Team work whenever it’s needed.
For this role, you’ll need to have some background in sales and marketing copywriting or copyediting, and it’s absolutely critical that you’re able to write and edit with the “Skillcrush voice” and match your style to the different kinds of content. It’s also key that your work is mistake-free and super clear and easy to read.
This job could be right for you if you thrive on getting feedback and improving what you do based on it and if you enjoy working with a team but can also get things done well – and on time! – on your own.
It’s not required but it’s a plus if you’ve already done copywriting or copyediting for a company selling digital goods or services. And, since our mission is to help people – especially women – change their lives with tech skills, we’d love for you to be passionate about that too.
- Develop, write, and edit sales and nurture emails, sales and landing page copy
- Copyedit marketing content, including blog posts, social media posts, newsletters, etc.
- Help with Sales Team user testing
- Support development of the Sales user persona
- Participate in other aspects of Sales Team and Marketing Team work as needed
- Professional experience in digital sales and marketing copywriting and copyediting
- Top-notch ability to adapt style and tone to different types of content
- Able to produce work with impeccable spelling, grammar, and punctuation; excellent attention to correct details; and outstanding clarity and readability
- Open and able to adapt to ongoing feedback
- Eager to collaborate within and across teams but also works well independently
- Organized and reliably meets deadlines
- Ability to work mainly within U.S. office hours with at least 4 hours overlap with the team
- Experience developing, writing, and editing sales and marketing content for companies offering online information products or services
- Familiar with the tech industry
- Comfortable hosting webinars
- Experience using HubSpot for sales campaigns and/or WordPress for editing and publishing blog posts
- Passion for online education, tech, and/or empowering women
- Experience working remotely
At Skillcrush, we use a set of transparent salary tiers to level all roles.
The salary range for this role $55,000-$63,250, dependent on skills and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote work
- Three weeks of paid vacation and several company-wide holidays each year
- Fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your partner and dependents, uncovered dental and vision insurance, and FSA for medical and childcare
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave (eight weeks paid, eight weeks unpaid) for each new child in your family
- 401(k) plan with 4% match and no vesting time
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly coworking or childcare stipend
- Tech equipment stipend (after one year)
- Free access to all the Skillcrush classes
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
Skillcrush is an online tech education company that offers online classes in a variety of technical subjects. Our mission is to empower women with the skills they need to enter higher-earning, more flexible, and creatively fulfilling careers in tech.
At Skillcrush, we’ve built an open and cooperative learning and working environment. We want to hire the best person for the job, including people who think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower our team members, giving them the support and the autonomy they need to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we’re also always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is a fully remote company, and we welcome applicants from all over the world. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate applicants regardless of their race, race, color, religion, national origin (or current location), gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or family status. We believe a diverse team creates a better experience for our students, a better place to work at, and a better world to live in!
We’re committed to becoming an actively anti-racist online tech education company that works against racism in all facets, internal AND external to our organization. You can review our long-term plan for this work here.
How to Apply
We want to make sure your application gets the consideration it deserves. This means we can only accept applications via this link. Please do not send application materials or follow-ups to Skillcrush or team members via email or social media.
We’ll respond to every application submitted via the link. So you’ll hear from us about the position once we’ve reviewed all applications.
To apply for this job please visit skillcrush.bamboohr.com.