Digital Marketing Assistant
The online coding and design school with a ❤
Skillcrush is looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team! This is a full-time, early-career role for someone who understands digital marketing and is excited to help us with everything from SEO to content – and more!
The Digital Marketing Assistant will report to our Head of Content & Marketing and be responsible for day-to-day digital marketing tasks at Skillcrush. This role would be a great starting point for someone looking to kick off a career in digital marketing doing the “nitty gritty”, behind-the-scenes work while also having room for growth and space for their ideas.
For this position, you need to truly enjoy doing routine and repetitive work most of the time. You should pride yourself on getting things done on time and done well, and you should be able to easily switch between projects and balance having several going on at the same time. You should also be ready to use what you already know about digital marketing to hit the ground running and quick and eager to learn new tasks and tools.
You have an extra sharp eye for detail and catch mistakes others might miss. You’re known for being meticulous and methodical, but it’s no sweat for you to handle changing priorities or deal with the unexpected now and then, including lending teammates a hand when and where you can. You feel confident spotting problems, coming up with solutions, and putting them in place. You follow directions well and take feedback constructively, but you also keep yourself super organized and work great independently.
And, since our mission at Skillcrush is to empower women – especially those underrepresented in tech – with the skills they need for the careers they’re dreaming, we hope you’re looking forward to being a part of a team working towards this every day!
- Manage content in WordPress, including building and publishing blog posts, setting up and maintaining redirects, updating broken and out-of-date information and features on blog posts, etc.
- Assist with SEO-related tasks, including identifying content that needs updating, suggesting improvements, testing blog headlines, and more
- Optimize Skillcrush’s lead conversion funnel by running tests on blog post CTAs and pop-ups
- Pull and organize marketing data using tools like Google Analytics and Hubspot
- Support other marketing work, such as posting on social media, producing webinars, creating slide decks, managing affiliate marketing relationships, etc.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, including SEO, lead generation funnels, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Extremely thorough and detail-oriented
- Genuinely interested in work that’s mostly routine and repetitive but comfortable handling unique and new tasks too
- Ability to work on your own and collaborate well
- Available to work mainly within U.S. office hours with at least 4 hours overlap with the team
Nice To Haves
- Entry-level background or some education in marketing
- Experience with WordPress as a CMS
- Experience using other digital marketing tools such as CoSchedule and Clearscope
- Interest in and comfort with gathering and using data, especially using tools like Hubspot and Google Analytics
- Experience with or willingness to learn social media management and take on responsibilities in this area in the future
- Experience with or interest in working on a marketing team at a smaller tech company like Skillcrush
- Experience working remotely
At Skillcrush, we use a set of transparent salary tiers to level all roles.
The salary range for this role $55,000-$63,250, dependent on skills and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Three weeks of paid vacation and several company-wide holidays each year
- Fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your partner and dependents, uncovered dental and vision insurance, and FSA for medical and childcare (available for U.S. citizens)
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave (eight weeks paid, eight weeks unpaid) for each new child in your family
- 401(k) plan with 4% match and no vesting time (available for U.S. citizens)
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly coworking or childcare stipend
- Tech equipment stipend (starting after one year)
- Free access to all the Skillcrush courses
- Fully remote work
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
Skillcrush is the online coding and design school with a ❤ and a mission to improve the quality of life of all women—with a particular focus on BIPOC and trans women, non-binary, and gender-non-conforming individuals—through digital empowerment and skills to build higher earning and more flexible careers.
At Skillcrush, we’ve created an open and cooperative learning and working environment. We want to hire the best person for the job, including people who think differently than we do and challenge the status quo. We empower our team members, giving them the support and the autonomy they need to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we’re also always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush has always been a fully remote company, and we welcome applicants from all over the world. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate applicants regardless of their race, race, color, religion, national origin (or current location), gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or family status. We believe a diverse team creates a better experience for our students, a better place to work, and a better world to live in!
We’re committed to becoming an actively anti-racist online tech education company that works against racism in all facets, internal AND external to our organization. You can review our long-term plan for this work here.
How to Apply
We want to make sure your application gets the consideration it deserves. This means we can only accept applications at https://skillcrush.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=10 and we ask that you don’t send application materials or follow-ups to Skillcrush or team members via email or social media.
We’ll respond to every application submitted via the link so you’ll hear from us about the position when we’ve reviewed all the applications.
To apply for this job please visit skillcrush.bamboohr.com.