Community & Partnerships Manager
The online coding and design school with a ❤
Skillcrush is looking for a Community & Partnerships Manager to join our team! This is a full-time, mid-career role for someone who’s exceptional at building relationships and who’s excited to help beginners in tech achieve their career goals.
As our Community & Partnerships Manager, you’ll be a part of our Marketing Team. You’ll report to and work closely with our Head of Content & Marketing. Your main job will be to establish and develop partnerships with companies and organizations that align with and support Skillcrush’s mission of making tech accessible to all — especially in regards to inclusion and anti-racism — and to leverage those partnerships to create and curate resources for our audience.
What does that mean? You love reaching out to people or orgs doing incredible work in tech, and finding ways to connect them to our audience. And you’re excited to form partnerships that bring Skillcrush’s resources to others as well.
All of that said, this is a new role here at Skillcrush, so there is ample space and flexibility for you to propose and experiment with new ways to build partnerships and support our student community.
You don’t have to already have a huge network in tech (but it’s totally OK with us if you do!) but you do need to know how to build one and be super driven to do that. You’re also comfortable communicating across all kinds of channels and mediums and even being in front of the camera or otherwise representing Skillcrush. That means you’re ready to become deeply familiar with the Skillcrush “voice” and mission and passionate about helping people change their lives with tech skills.
This role could be right for you if you truly love meeting new people, talking with others energizes you, and you love putting all the pieces in place to tackle big events and projects. A great fit for the role will be someone who is comfortable handling multiple initiatives at once, flexible but able to meet deadlines, thorough but not a perfectionist, and deeply interested in helping our audience take advantage of the enormous amount of opportunity in tech.
- Build and foster relationships with people, brands, organizations, and communities that align with Skillcrush’s mission of making tech careers accessible to all
- Leverage partnerships to create and curate tech and career content that supports our student community and builds our brand more broadly
- Create and curate content across a variety of channels, including but not limited to our weekly newsletters, webinars, and organic social media presence
- Generate new ideas and lead partnerships and initiatives to support our community and broaden our impact in the tech space
- Top-notch ability to connect with people and organizations to establish and grow partnerships and communities
- Highly motivated to support Skillcrush’s mission to empower our students to achieve their career goals with tech skills (especially women, and BIPOC, and other underserved groups in tech)
- Skilled in communicating verbally and in writing across different channels and mediums in a brand-appropriate style
- Energized by speaking and connecting with others
- Resourceful, independent, and proactive
- Creative and genuinely interested in finding new ways to support the Skillcrush community
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and situations with a positive attitude
- Available to work mainly within U.S. office hours with at least 4 hours overlap with the team
- Experience developing and nurturing networks
- Background in the tech industry and/or online education
- Familiar with social media management tools and/or content design and creation tools
- Experience working remotely
At Skillcrush, we use a set of transparent salary tiers to level all roles.
The salary range for this role $66,000-$75,900, dependent on skills and experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote work
- Three weeks of paid vacation and several company-wide holidays each year
- Fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your partner and dependents, uncovered dental and vision insurance, and FSA for medical and childcare
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave (eight weeks paid, eight weeks unpaid) for each new child in your family
- 401(k) plan with 4% match and no vesting time
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly coworking or childcare stipend
- Tech equipment stipend (after one year)
- Free access to all the Skillcrush classes
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
Skillcrush is an online tech education company that offers online classes in a variety of technical subjects. Our mission is to empower women with the skills they need to enter higher-earning, more flexible, and creatively fulfilling careers in tech.
At Skillcrush, we’ve built an open and cooperative learning and working environment. We want to hire the best person for the job, including people who think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower our team members, giving them the support and the autonomy they need to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we’re also always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is a fully remote company, and we welcome applicants from all over the world. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate applicants regardless of their race, race, color, religion, national origin (or current location), gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or family status. We believe a diverse team creates a better experience for our students, a better place to work at, and a better world to live in!
We’re committed to becoming an actively anti-racist online tech education company that works against racism in all facets, internal AND external to our organization. You can review our long-term plan for this work here.
How to Apply
We want to make sure your application gets the consideration it deserves. This means we can only accept applications via this link: https://skillcrush.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=6. Please do not send application materials or follow-ups to Skillcrush or team members via email or social media.
We’ll respond to every application submitted via this form. So you’ll hear from us about the position once we’ve reviewed all applications.
To apply for this job please visit skillcrush.bamboohr.com.