Collections Associate – Credit Card
SoFi is seeking experienced Collection Representatives who are passionate about customer service and have the skills and experience to deliver outstanding results. You will be a part of a meticulously assembled team that shares this passion for resolving delinquent loans at or ahead of target goals while delivering an outstanding member experience. The Collections Associate is responsible for improving collection rates by employing comprehensive collection efforts, skip tracing, and all duties subsequent to loan funding (e.g. customer payment, forbearances, due date changes) hardship requests, as well as monitoring ongoing portfolio delinquency levels. This role reports directly to an Associate Manager in Loss Mitigation.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customer to satisfy any deficient balances
- Review, monitor, and engage with a high volume of customers per day
- Review delinquent accounts daily, and maintains losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties
- Accurately documents all account activities and pertinent information to include but not limited to verifications and demographic changes
- Meet individual and departmental objectives set by department management
Efficiently assess and recommend action to borrowers concerning all other loan issues
- Make recommendations to management for loans needing additional attention
- Effectively use skip tracing tools to locate borrower information
Strives to continuously improve the quality and productivity of work
- Be an important part of a lean but growing team with touch points across the organization
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
What you’ll need:
- 1 to 3 years of first or third-party collection experience. Experience in a financial environment is desired; consumer delinquency and collections, credit underwriting, or customer service experience preferred
- Strong ability to negotiate repayment plans for varying levels of delinquency
1 to 3 years of customer service experience with an aptitude in de escalating difficult situations
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and pride in work product
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation. Ability to successfully adapt and adjust to changes in business, regulatory, and economic environments.
- Firm understanding of personal finance and credit industry best practices
- Intermediate Excel skills and general computer literacy
- Aptitude for working independently while maintaining a team first mentality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and exhibit grace under pressure
- Desire to improve borrowers’ financial situation but ability to make tough decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google and ability to learn proprietary systems
- Ability to take on projects as needed
Nice to have:
- Sales experience is a plus
- Skilled in developing both external and internal content such as customer communications and the development of procedure and work documents.
- Skilled in root cause analysis and problem resolution with both quantitative and qualitative data.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.