SoFi is seeking a Privacy Manager with a passion for all things privacy to join its Privacy team. The Privacy Manager performs key privacy compliance activities as well as help manage privacy risk across the company. This role will report to the Chief Privacy Officer and work with cross-functional teams to support and drive forward the privacy mission.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the data subject privacy request process, including, the development and implementation of metrics/reporting
- Implement and enforce SoFi’s privacy strategy, including, policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Ensure all business processes reflect privacy requirements and comply with laws and regulations.
- Acquire/maintain subject matter expertise of applicable privacy laws and regulations such as GDPR, FCRA, FACTA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, GLBA, PIPEDA, UK DPA, GDPR, CCPA, CA SB1.
- Contribute to enterprise privacy risk assessments.
- Support the identification, remediation, and monitoring of privacy risk and compliance issues across the enterprise.
- Conduct privacy impact assessments (PIA) for products, processes, and technology and monitor remediation tasks as needed.
- Conduct third-party privacy risk assessments.
- Support privacy training and awareness activities.
- Support the development and maintenance of privacy-related policies and procedures.
- Work as an advisor and trusted partner with business units on privacy-related matters.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance, privacy risk management
- Experience with privacy impact assessments, as well as third-party management from a privacy perspective.
- Knowledge of privacy-related laws, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Experience translating privacy-legal requirements into actionable compliance steps
- Self-starter with ability work autonomously
- Ability to assimilate new knowledge quickly
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM, or similar privacy certifications
- Experience with OneTrust Privacy Management software
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.