Sr. Data Scientist (Relay)
The ECI (Enterprise, Content & Insights) team is seeking a Senior Data Scientist who will lead Data Science for SoFi’s Personal Finance Management (Relay Insights) business. This is an exciting role for someone to drive customer-centric insights that will make a direct impact on Product, Finance & Marketing strategy. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, collaboration and business acumen: you know how to plow through data in Snowflake with Airflow and DBT, surface deep insights with Statistical and ML techniques, and measure business impact. You treat stakeholders as a partnership – you are there at each step of the way and you know that we only succeed if we succeed together.
What you’ll do:
- Drive growth by crafting, analyzing and presenting customer behavior metrics such as funnel conversion, user churn, cross-sell metrics, Life Time Value.
- Work with teams cross-functionally to design tests to improve these metrics.
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, processing, cleaning & verifying data integrity, investigating new sources of data to improve insights, and ultimately summarizing and socializing insights with leadership in Relay and across SoFi
- Build models, identify trends and build tools that help decision-makers understand data and more quickly take action
- Build self-service solutions and dashboards to enable others in the organization to leverage your work.
- Leverage DBT and Airflow to build reporting pipelines in Snowflake
- Proactively develop recommendations for how Relay can use data to solve problems and make decisions
- Coordinate with Product & Eng on new feature releases to ensure metrics are accurately tracked and captured towards OKRs
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- M.B.A, B.S. or M.S. in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related quantitative field is required for this position;
- Proven track record of end-to-end experience in building analytical frameworks to inform business strategy;
- 3+ years of experience working in an Analytics role in Finance or Tech
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, and proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with using Airflow and DBT to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication and presentation skills and ability to explain complex analyses in simple terms to business leaders;
Strong relationship-building and collaborative skills;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.