Staff Software Engineer, iOS
We are looking for a seasoned Staff iOS developer with a natural inclination to elegantly solve problems. As a member of the operations self serve team you will have the opportunity to directly improve the experience of our expanding mobile customer base. You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. The ideal candidate will be a mentor and a team-player who is hands-on and comfortable driving solutions from initial architecture to final implementation with a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class native applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously improve the applications – find and fix bugs while improving application performance
- Discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Implement upgrades, rebuilds, feature flagging and generally keep CI/CD pipelines in good health.
- Juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Evaluate opportunities to bring new features to mobile users from a technical perspective
- Create technical requirements documentation based on Product requirements
- Build strong working relationships with coworkers and cross-organizational teams
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field, but we understand great engineers come from all sorts of different backgrounds and also consider relevant work experience
- 5+ years iOS development experience with in-depth knowledge of the iOS platform and deep familiarity with Xcode
- Excellent programming skills in Swift
- Sound programming fundamentals: experience working with memory management, multi-threaded programming, animations, etc.
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs to connect with back-end services.
- Experience working with Agile development processes
- Experience with maintaining CI/CD pipelines and test-automation
- Experience with app architectural patterns, Dependency Management, App coordination/navigation, etc
- Very strong interpersonal skills – must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the team
Nice to have:
- Understanding of S.O.L.I.D or G.R.A.S.P principles.
- Experience with Flutter.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.