Decision Systems Technical Lead
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
How you’ll create value:
SoFi is passionate about helping its members Get Their Money Right across our expanding portfolio of products and services. As SoFi continues to grow, new and exciting challenges will present opportunities to build functionality with tomorrow in mind. The Decision Systems Technical Lead position will be at the forefront of these conversations through initiatives including …
Providing overall decision systems implementation strategies from both development and testing perspectives
Increasing speed to market for decision engine builds while maintaining or improving current system integrity and quality levels
What you’ll do:
- Conduct full review of current implementations to identify areas for improvement and recommendations for improvements
- Analyze the current design, development, and administration for efficiency and accuracy
- Reviews development and testing architecture for scalability and maintenance overhead
- Identify the most efficient way to implement new solutions and set them on a journey for success and scalability
- Provide technical leadership to ensure systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to business needs
- Collaborate with Strategy Leads and Engineering during design to ensure what is built is operationally feasible within the current infrastructure
- Responsible for providing direction to discipline leads around implementation tactics
- Supports and provides feedback on best practices
- Supports POC and ideation across business units for additional use cases
- Identify and set up system performance metrics
- Lead the response to production issues
- Improve technical operations processes and monitoring to address bugs quickly
- Manage decision engine environment and team to ensure we have best in class systems, security, and equipment
Skills and experience desired:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years related field and/or relevant experience in software development and/or technical operations with experience in a leadership role
- 5+ years experience in cloud architecture
- Experience with best of breed infrastructure solutions, including experience with Amazon AWS cloud services
- Experience with JAVA, SQL, Python, AWS IAM, S3 Buckets, and microservice architecture
- Understanding of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Experience managing a production/response team
- Leadership experience with end-to-end information security practices, compliance requirements, data privacy, sovereignty and confidentiality practices, security testing and auditing, and rapid response procedures.
- Knowledge of technical, operational and cultural structures required to scale teams in a high-growth environment
- Experience in the Fintech or Financial Services vertical highly desired
- Previous experience with Provenir or other Decision Engine required
- Previous leadership experience required
- Ability to multitask, demonstrate nimbleness and remain highly functional within a constantly evolving work environment
- Some travel may be required
A bonus if they have or can do:
- Master’s degree with 10+ years related field and/or relevant experience in software development and/or technical operations with experience in leadership role
- 8+ years experience in cloud architecture
- Previous experience with Provenir decision engine specifically
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.