Director of Technology, Risk Oversight
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As Director of Technology Risk Oversight, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating first line risk management programs across all technology functions at SoFi. You will partner with technology and information security teams to assess the risk and control environment, drive the establishment and monitoring of effective controls, drive reporting and monitoring of key metrics, identify key areas for improvement, and help oversee technology risk governance. This is a critical leadership role to support SoFi’s growth, and its effective operation as a Bank Holding Company.
- What You’ll Do
Establish and provide ongoing ownership for Technology Risk and Data Governance policies, standards, procedures and controls at SoFi
- Review current and future use of technology to support SoFi and SoFi Bank’s business strategies and objectives to ensure risks are adequately identified, measured and mitigated.
- Define and execute the roadmap for all work related to Technology Risk and Data Governance programs, tools, or reporting
- Lead all Technology Risk assessments, recommend mitigation strategies, and work with internal partners to assign ownership and advise on solutions.
- As needed, oversee plans to address any internally or externally-identified improvement requirements
- Define success metrics for Technology Risk and Data Governance.
- Provide updates to C-level staff, Board of Directors, and Enterprise Risk Committee on program effectiveness
- Provide subject matter expertise in Technology Risk and serve as the main point of contact within the organization for all Technology Risk Management concepts
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Technology Risk Management and Data Governance, including experience with a Financial Technology – Framework (FFIEC, COBIT, PCI, etc.)
- Bachelors’ Degrees in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology or Security Assurance, or equivalent technical experience
- Experience working in, or consulting for, Fed-regulated Bank Holding Companies
- Strong risk assessment and process evaluation experience
- First hand experience working with with various technology and governance frameworks
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for financial services; deep understanding of how financial services organizations adhere to internal controls and external regulations
- Experience developing and enforcing data governance policies
- Experience executing control and compliance programs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, preferably Scrum
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work through ambiguous situations to create clear systems and processes in an evolving regulatory environment
- A proven track record of delivering effective technology risk systems and processes
- Exceptional partnership capabilities and able to thrive in a matrixed organization where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration; ability to build strong relationships within the team, with executives, and with cross-functional partners across the company
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and visual); ability to communicate complex technology and security concepts to both technical and non-technical partners
Nice to have:
- Masters in Computer Science or Engineering
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.