Fraud Detection Specialist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking talented and self-motivated Fraud Detection and Prevention Associates to join our Fraud Operations team. Our candidate will be responsible for all aspects of reviews as it relates to lending and credit card applications, account openings, fraud referrals, and the review of transactional activity; inbound/outbound calls to confirm activity; advising and assisting Management in making and implementing strategic decisions and objectives; and driving business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Conducts thorough reviews and inquiries on identified and suspicious accounts within the specified systems
- Complete Inbound/Outbound calls and take appropriate action based upon results
- Analyzes and reviews potentially fraudulent activity, to ensure minimal loss to the organization.
- Coordinates cross-functional communication, to resolve fraud situations and provides recommendations to resolve fraud
- Helps develop, maintain, and implement policies/procedures to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- Interacts with members as needed who are reporting fraudulent activity
- Review accounts for potential fraud
- Reviews suspicious documentation submitted for new accounts
- Compile information from multiple channels and determine which accounts need to be restricted and what departments need to be contacted
- Enters and maintains accurate case detail notes for all alerts received and reports type of fraud on each occurrence
- Provides escalation and updates to supervisor regarding alerts worked
- Respond promptly and exercise exceptional communication skills in an effort to optimize each contact with members, partners and external vendors/banks
- Ensure compliance with departmental standards and processes to increase production and accommodate work volumes toward enhanced member satisfaction
- Fosters a culture of accountability, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our fiscal controls
- Works effectively across the organization to maximize company resources
- Handle any special projects as assigned by management
What you’ll need:
- Experience in banking, financial services, fraud, and/or other related industries preferred
- Knowledge of check, ACH, wire, debit/credit card, and other payment channels operating rules preferred
- Outstanding time management skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels within the organization in a collaborative manner
- Must be able to establish peer relationships and communicate effectively with multiple company disciplines, cross-functional, and external teams
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment effectively solves problems and determines fraudulent activity consistently
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and process-oriented approach
- Accepts responsibility, ownership, and accountability for work results
- Finds a high-volume, dynamic, and team-focused environment engaging
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours that will include weekends
Nice to have:
- Prior fraud and/or risk experience, particularly in the lending fraud space
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.