Manager, Software Engineering
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
As an engineering manager for the MarTech team you will be responsible for the data and tools that will help drive SoFi’s growth tenfold. Oversee the development and launch of our data collection framework, analytics/reporting platform and our suite of digital marketing automation tools. You will help our marketing partners understand the performance of their efforts and provide key data insights to improve the efficiency of our multi-million dollar ad budgets.
We are looking for a strong Engineering Manager who is passionate about building teams and creating a culture of learning and experimentation while advancing the state-of-the-art in the digital marketing/user acquisition at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Be on the front line of driving growth/adoption of our products
- Own team building and management, including hiring and team performance.
- Lead the development and testing of our tools and services
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture
- Help translate user stories into technical solutions
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, in a technical field
- 7+ years software engineering experience, ideally on a modern stack
- 1+ years management experience or experience leading a team
- Maintain code quality, performance, and sound architectural principles
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Nice to have:
- Data Experience:: ETLs, streaming, batch processing, big data technologies
- Marketing/MarTech related experience (sell side or buy side)
- Microservices architecture
- Full Stack experience
- Automation, ML, modeling
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.