Senior People Business Partner
The Senior HR Business Partner (Sr. People Business Partner) at SoFi is a trusted business partner and an objective resource and advocate for the business and the team member population. In this critical role on our People Team, you will partner with the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Latin America supporting the Risk Management and Latin America organizations. The position leverages strong partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added support that reflects the business objectives and culture initiatives of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Advise and influence leaders to create measurable and actionable plans
- Coach our leadership teams supporting effective collaboration, change management, and critical decision making
- Use problem solving skills to develop effective solutions for the organization
- Use strong prioritization to manage competing needs effectively
- Use people analytics, organizational health routines, and other data sources to drive decisions
- Act as an objective resource and advocate for the business and the employee population
- Manage employee relations issues with discretion and finesse while coaching and facilitating feedback
- Utilize your HR knowledge to influence within the areas of organizational design and development, compensation, performance management, employee engagement, employment law, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, training & employee development, immigration, systems, and tools
- Demonstrate discretion and strong judgment leading to positive outcomes
- Serve as a culture driver, living the SoFi values
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Partner closely with People Team centers of excellence (CoEs) to best support the business and drive strategic initiatives
- Collaborate across the People Team driving and contributing to key objectives
- Solve complex problems in a scalable way
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years as an HR Business Partner
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with G-Suite and Excel
- Experience supporting C-suite leaders
- Experience building strong rapport and relationships with the ability to adapt to various styles and situations, tailoring messages to all levels and audiences while breaking down barriers while using discretion
- Skilled business acumen; a quickness in understanding and dealing with risks and opportunities in business situations leading to successful outcomes
- Experience as a Leadership Coach; developing leaders, influencing action and accountability, and connecting stakeholders with varying interests
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- The ability to solve complex problems in a scalable way
- Agility; the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and resilient
- Have a strong sense of accountability, and a proven track record of results
- Expertise using data to drive decision making
Nice to have:
- Experience in a tech or financial services organization
- Experience supporting Risk Management organizations
- PHR or SHRM-CP certifications
- HRIS and Workday experience
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.