Staff Software Engineer, Mobile (Android) – Invest
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We’re looking for talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our Invest team to help Invest mobile experience for our customers. You will enjoy being part of a high-performing team.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Ensure that our codebase remains easy to change and is always shippable
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Communicate and collaborate with product and design
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is React / Java / Kotlin/ Play / Spring / PostgreSQL, but you don’t have to be an expert in any of these.
- 4+ years Java, Kotlin, or Flutter programming experience
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, writing tests, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features
- Agile-based project development in a microservices environment.
- Willingness to collaborate with others to get stuff done
- Willingness to grow your leadership skills
Nice to have:
- Hands-On Programming Experience in Dart & Flutter
- Bonus: Firebase, Build systems, Deeplinks
- Relational Database knowledge including SQL programming
- Worked with trading and/or exchange systems
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Test-driven development along with unit and integration testing
- Understanding of relational databases and ORMs
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.