Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance. We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager leads strategy development and implementation as a lifecycle SME for the business. The right candidate has the ability and experience taking business needs, objectives, and data insights, and then translates them into actionable and effective campaigns that leverage cross-channel communication, highly personalized content, and precise targeting.
The Lifecycle Marketing Manager is the lead for most strategic initiatives so a bias for action will ensure success in this role. They engender trust & confidence through professional maturity, marketing competence, skilled planning & project management, and professional communication (written and verbal) with campaign stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Lifecycle marketing strategy SME and campaign execution/optimization expert
- Collaborate with business & marketing leaders to identify opportunities to drive product adoption, engagement, retention, and cross-sell/up-sell/referral behavior in LCM channels; continually prioritize initiatives and allocate resources accordingly
- Plan & implement data-driven LCM marketing initiatives in a campaign management tool (including audience selection, trigger qualification, suppressions, segmentation, etc.)
- Execute marketing campaigns through LCM-owned channels (Email, Push, In-App Messaging, SMS, etc.) and collaborate with other marketing channel partners to drive desired business outcomes
- Report on campaign performance, test results/learnings, data insights, etc. to LCM leadership, product marketing group, and cross-functional partners
- Develop, enforce, and assist in campaign quality control practices to ensure processing completes in a timely manner and the output is accurate and complete
- Partner with engineering/product, MarTech, and marketing analytics resources to 1) instrument front- and back-end data events 2) surface data to LCM tools for use in targeting & personalization 3) identify data-driven insights for template/messaging optimization, campaign targeting, and product adoption propensity experimentation
- Assist LCM Specialists and other LCM Managers in their work, as needed
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Business, Finance, Marketing, or a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience working on the design and execution of data-driven marketing initiatives, preferably in the email channel
- 2-3 years of HTML/CSS coding experience (esp. coding for email)
- Experience with marketing campaign targeting/segmentation tools, automation strategy, and experimental design
- Experience leveraging relational databases, real-time web & app event data in marketing campaigns; SQL statement writing experience a strong plus
- Strong track record of effective time/project management; ability to multitask & prioritize to ensure project deadlines are met, deliverables are provided on time
- An aptitude to learn new tools and software quickly
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Previous finance or tech industry experience
- Prior experience with campaign management tools (e.g. Braze, RedPoint, Unica, Aprimo, Alteryx, Adobe Campaign, etc.)
- Understanding of lifecycle marketing vernacular (e.g. modeling, segmentation, test design, control groups, etc.)
- Familiarity with various data extraction/manipulation techniques such as select, filter, segment, merge-purge, joins, etc
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases, real-time event data, data structures, and querying language (e.g. select, merge, join, group by, etc).
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employeesSoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.sofi.com.