Principal Product Designer – Money, Invest, & Credit Card
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. As a company, we do this through setting ambitious goals, tackling the hard problems and innovating to dissolve boundaries between financial offerings always with the best interest of our members in mind.
This role spanning across SoFi Money, Invest and Credit Card is directly focused on dissolving boundaries and considering a better way to support day-to-day financial interactions. Each product delivers huge value for our existing members but together they have the power to unlock so much more. As part of the next phase of our growth, we’re looking for a Principal Designer who can help us unlocking our true potential of delivering financial health and literacy to everyone.
- Actively define design strategy for our transactional product suite
- Manage stakeholder audience including Product, Engineering, Marketing & Ops
- Strategize with VP of Product, VP of Eng, and leaders in their teams from conception to shipping, ensuring a member-centric approach and high quality, polished outcome.
- Push and help develop the team’s ability to challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
Partner with Director of Research & Research Leads to ensure thoughtful and well utilized investigations to build a stronger understanding of product evolution
- Be a leading architect on how members will engage with SoFi in the context of their complete financial life.
- Collaborate directly with the Design Leadership team across SoFi products to ensure consistent, complimentary experiences throughout the product line.
- Mentor, inspire, and grow members of the larger Design Organization
- Spearhead critical efforts in process, craft and execution on behalf of the Design Leadership team
Qualification and experience:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passion for building a business
- Expert in best practices in UX, design and information architecture across responsive web, iOS, and Android.
- Experience with current design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, etc.)
- Strong project planning, time management, and collaboration skills
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Experience working in an agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- 15+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- Experience working on personal finance, data visualization, ecommerce, and social experiences
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.