Senior Brand Strategist
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Strategist to join our marketing team and help lead the development of brand strategies around key opportunities that will drive growth for our burgeoning product portfolio and brand. As a Senior Brand Strategist, you will use data to develop informed messaging strategies and campaigns to increase the impact of marketing on specific business objectives. Your work will focus on both short-term wins and improving the long-term perceptions that drive customer behavior and support the overall SoFi brand. Using internal customer data, qualitative and quantitative research, segmentation, competitive analysis, creative testing, and assessment of previous marketing performance/investments, you will distill actionable insights to effectively differentiate and position SoFi and our products.
As a Senior Brand Strategist, you will provide the learning and recommendations that inform annual marketing plans, foundational product messaging strategy, strategic creative briefs that identify target consumer segments, key insights, potential channels, etc. You will serve as a single source of truth on the brand team for customer behaviors, insights and trends and will act as a key liaison with Product Marketing, Creative, and Media to develop and substantiate value propositions in support of earned media and advertising. Engagements and outputs are diverse, so flexibility and broad marketing experience are ideal.
What you’ll do:
- Develop compelling product narratives based on tangible data insights
- Contribute to foundational brand and product strategy documents
- Work with brand and product leaders to develop messaging hierarchies for key product launches and campaigns
- Distill audience, cultural, and contextual analysis––including customer and category knowledge gaps
- Develop and execute research plans for supplemental qualitative and quantitative research to develop new insights and implications/opportunities
- Author strategic creative briefs with relevant customer insights to Creative and Media teams
- Facilitate planning and ideation sessions
- Develop inspirational briefs that result in great creative
- Build and substantiate impactful marketing/advertising claims
- Use performance data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Work with Media teams to translate learnings into appropriate media investments and identify new opportunities
What you’ll need:
- Creative analytical marketer with penchant for telling stories supported by data
- Detail oriented creative problem solver with a passion for branding, marketing communications and advertising
- You roll up your sleeves and take action, thriving in fast paced environments managing across multiple shifting priorities
- You have a proven track record of leading through influence and delivering persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- You enjoy working on collaborative cross-functional teams
- You are comfortable in a performance based environment
Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years in consumer marketing, preferably with some online retail experience. Experience in creative strategy, branding and/or marcomm is preferred.
- Experience in strategy work across brand and performance marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others
- Comfort presenting in front of senior leadership
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills – ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Experience in market research, industry analysis, data analytics, corporate strategy or related areas.
- Experience working with PR or social media is also a plus.
- Familiarity with consumer research methodologies
- Experience writing creative briefs
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.