Senior Product Design Manager, Member & Design Systems
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is looking for a Senior Product Design Manager to lead their Member and Design Systems team, focused on designing and building the future of financial apps, alongside a scalable library of components and patterns, and leading design for member surfaces that enable other product teams to drive engagement and growth. As the senior product design manager, you will lead your team and work closely with other design managers, designers, researchers, stakeholders and extended product and engineering teams to drive buy-in and alignment to the SoFi experience. You will provide guidance to the team members, manage roadmaps, liaise with cross-functional partners, and drive strategy execution and supervision at every phase of product design.
As a Design Manager at SoFi, you’ll have the opportunity to drive strategic work in partnership with Product, Engineering and Marketing. You’ll set the tone for your team through work prioritization, developing standardized processes and striving for a high bar of aesthetic and functional design excellence. We are in an exciting phase of redesigning our multi-platform app experience and building a hyper-personalized experience for our members. Come join us to lead the nextGen design for FinTech! You will be responsible for delivering a unified, and human experience that will empower our members in getting their money right.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Adopt a member’s first approach in all product and design decisions
- Drive strategy and technical decisions alongside engineering and product partners
- Manage, mentor and support the team in doing their best work
- Champion and evangelize the new design language across the Company
- Partner with the Design Director to set future vision, roadmap planning, prioritization and design delivery across multiple teams
- Partner closely with UX research and cross functional designers, stakeholders, exec teams, etc to drive the vision and ensure alignment
- Manage and iterate upon team processes, career development and people management
- Partner closely with the Design Systems team, to create scalable design frameworks and solutions
- Partner with brand and marketing teams to ensure alignment across marketing and product design teams
- Present design solutions to senior and executive stakeholders to drive alignment and decisions
- Create design specs and presentation documents
- Wear multiple design hats, helping to be hands-on and drive any project as needed
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in product design, or related design field (or applicable experience, HCI, etc)
- 12+ yrs experience successfully shipping products and features from start to finish
- Expert knowledge of best practices in UI / UX and information architecture across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Expert understanding of current design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision)
- Strong time management, planning, and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Strong presentation skills, able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience leading design teams and multiple redesign projects across the company
- Experience working on consumer engagement, growth, and social experiences
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- A Masters/MFA in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employeesSoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.