Senior Product Designer, Lending
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi began as a company offering loan consolidation for students, and from there expanded lending product offerings to now include student loan refinance, in school loans, personal loans, and home loans. Our goal is to deliver the best borrowing experience on the market, one that helps individuals borrow the money they need to realize their ambitions. If you have a passion for UX design and think there’s a better way to borrow, and manage your money than what is currently out there, then SoFi Lending is the place for you.
- Design product features from start-to-finish, from the early sketching and concept phases to final pixel-perfect Figma files and components that are ready to ship
- Work closely with the Design Director, Design Team, Research, Product Management, and
- Engineering partners and be able to quickly iterate based on feedback
- Develop user-centered design solutions based on research, member insights, and industry best-practices
- Present design concepts and clearly communicate design intent through design specs and presentation documents
- Collaborate with other product designers working on other projects to drive alignment and consistency across the entire user experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ yrs experience of experience working in product design/UX roles
- Strong design point of view and aesthetic
- Strong expertise in common design tools (ie Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc)
- Expertise in mobile and web UX best practices across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Strong collaboration skills across cross-functional teams including research, product management, engineering and marketing
- Ability to translate user research, user needs and product data to make informed design solutions
- Track record for delivering end to end solutions from initial concepts to measurable outcomes
- Experience presenting work to senior leadership and advocating for user needs in the context of business and technology drivers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working on a lending product or system
- Experience working on mobile-first financial products
- Experience working on consumer engagement, growth, and social experiences
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Experience translating machine learning insights and recommendations into streamlined user experiences
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
- *These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.