Staff Product Designer, Relay
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
It’s an exciting time at SoFi as our teams design and build the future of personal finance. Are you interested in helping people achieve their life goals? Do you want to shape the future of how people manage, discover, monitor, and use financial services products to get their money right? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a focus on creating multi-platform experiences to aid people in better decision making? We would love to speak with you. This role is focused on supporting one of our most popular products called Relay, and leading design to create new ways to help people get their money right across every life stage. Relay helps our members track all of their money, all in one place. Whether it means to monitor your credit score, spending habits, or obtaining intelligent financial insights, Relay does it all! We are in the process of re-imagining the future of Relay and this is an exciting time to shape the future of this product. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. This is a great opportunity to help shape the evolution of these capabilities for years to come.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Lead conceptualization, strategy, end-to-end user journey and design execution for all Relay product features
- Develop user-centric design solutions based on research, member insights, and industry best-practices
- Partner strategically with product, engineering, marketing, business stakeholders, and other cross-functional teams to drive Relay’s design vision and effectively communicate the value of user-centric design
- Work with research and product design partners to drive a continual cycle of design iteration and improvements, both as a collaborative teammate and mentor to junior designers
- Consistently gather feedback from stakeholders to inform design iterations
- Present design solutions to senior and executive stakeholders
- Challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Adhere to the design system and contribute to, when needed
- Create design specs and presentation documents
Qualification and Experience:
- 6+ yrs experience of experience working in product design/UX roles
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices and information architecture across iOS, Android and responsive web
- Strong background and experience designing for data visualization
- Strong expertise in design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, etc)
- Understanding of how to use data analytics, user testing, and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Strong presentation skills, able to effectively communicate design solutions to engineering, product, marketing, business, and executive leadership
- Time management, planning and collaboration skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using tools like Jira and Confluence
- A portfolio URL or PDF to submit with application with examples of mobile and responsive web product design
- Experience working on personal finance, ecommerce, and social experiences
- Experience working in data analytics and data visualization
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.