Senior Sales Manager, Mexico
Sonos is a sound experience company.
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States- any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.”
To support the rapid growth and expansion of our business across Latin America & in particular in Mexico we are looking for a Head of Sales.
Our brand is changing the way people listen to music, and we’re on a mission to bring this experience to a global audience and a rapidly growing audience in Mexico.
We are on the cusp of great things in Mexico, we have strong momentum and the Head of Sales will join our existing Sonos Latin America team, adding important account management pedigree to our team and will lead key parts of our sales and channel efforts into our top retail accounts, integrators and distributors in Mexico, building an iconic brand that connects deeply with our audience, building high impact retail strategies and key account plans for our top accounts. This role reports directly to the Latin America GTM Director.
A local key account, key partner champion – with an innate feel for the brand, coupled with deep understanding of our retailer’s strategy, business and shopper audience you will work closely with all internal functions of the Americas GTM team, to ensure Sonos secures exceptional category support from our top accounts that drives accelerated growth of Sonos in our partners businesses and the goals / objectives of Sonos and our key accounts are aligned and maximized / optimized.
What You’ll Do
- Account ownership: Responsible for direct account ownership of our Key accounts in Mexico (Retailers, Installed Solutions dealers and Distributors), ensuring Sonos is a critically important strategic partner (& not just a vendor) to our top accounts, leading to sales growth, effective executive account engagement and ruthless focus on driving high-impact category strategies.
- High impact plan development & account outcomes: Develop, build, deliver category-led annual account plans that establish and anchor our strategic partnerships, and include our core sales objectives, key priorities, initiatives and securing premium high-impact partner commitments in support of overall Sonos Mexico business, sales and channel objectives.
- Land retail campaigns & programs: Working closely with the GTM Americas team to manage, land and execute all channel / retail programs, promotions and activities specific to our key accounts – ensuring alignment to brand, marketing campaigns (where relevant) building a strong relationship with our Latin America marketing lead
- Tightly manage business performance: Ongoing analysis and reporting of key account business performance, market trends and needs in order to stay on track and be able to make the necessary adjustments to get back on track if needed, providing the Sonos Latin America team with regular category, shopper, market, competitive insights
- Drive internal/external team alignment: Provide ongoing direction at an all-up account/national level to our extended teams at our distributors, local vendors and regional Marketing team to ensure retail programs drive the highest impact at a store level (offline & online).
- Results accountability: Full accountability of sell-through sales, forecast and performance to expectations for national account performance. Including Sell through reporting from our key partners, and the provision of business insights from those partners (category growth, competitive insights, shopper insights)
- Inventory and retail operations management: Working with Operations manage the Sell-in, channel fill, inventory levels, Sell thru to ensure agreed weeks of cover and availability targets across our national accounts.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work in the US
- 5+ years of customer facing roles within the wider consumer industry, especially building and managing key retail account relationships – must have experience of managing key national retailers in Mexico.
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Proven exceptional negotiation skills & able to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
- Results oriented, analytical and strategic mind-set & very comfortable reviewing and reporting on sales performance
- Willing to travel ~ 20% of the time and able to travel outside of the US
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: approachable, ability to quickly establish rapport, communicating, effectively with a diverse population, including high-level managers and internal stakeholders
- Broad professional background within Sales, Product / Category management
- Commercial experience with department stores, online retailers & club channel
- Displays a persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and recognizes that goals are achievable, even with obstacles
- Strong affinity with our brand, products and passion for music!
- Commercial experience in the home audio category
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org