Senior UX Content Strategist
Sonos is a sound experience company.
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada – any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location
As a Senior UX Content Strategist, you will help shape Sonos product experiences by setting the strategy, tone, and language for instructional content. You will drive cohesive, consistent narratives across multiple platforms and focus on making the user experience easy, premium, and engaging. You’ll work closely with colleagues from user experience, user research, product management, industrial design, marketing, legal, and software development to analyze content, discern what’s essential, and convey relevant information to our customers in a clear and engaging way. You’ll craft high-quality setup and usage instructions for multiple touchpoints (apps, guides, online help) across multiple media (digital, print, audio, video). You’ll lead by example, coaching designers and others on best practices and driving innovative instructional solutions.
What you’ll do
Fundamentally, you’ll show off more than excellent writing skills…
- Deliver easy and delightful instructional content solutions for Sonos products.
- Act as an advocate for Sonos customers, and anticipate learning needs by understanding their behaviors.
- Use data and metrics, as well as logic and empathy to inform content choices.
- Partner closely with other teams to provide a thoughtful content strategy perspective throughout the product life cycle.
- Identify areas of opportunity for better writing and more effective communication, ensuring content solutions evolve with our products.
- Edit assertively, both your own work and your peers, to improve the overall experience.
What you’ll need
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria. If you don’t have 100% of the skills listed, we strongly encourage you to apply if interested.
- Minimum 6-8+ years’ experience planning, writing, and editing customer documentation
- 3+ years in-product writing experience
- BA/BS in a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Prior experience mentoring people a big plus
- Experience championing and managing projects and initiatives
- Experience applying instructional content across multiple platforms and different media
- Strong working knowledge of content management and online publishing tools
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude to learn the underlying complexity of a new product or software feature and translate it into simple, easy-to-understand user instructions
- Strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in cross-functional teams
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Great organizational skills, relentless attention to detail, and the agility to adapt and thrive with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- A current portfolio of writing samples
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred
- Experience using design software tools like Figma a big plus
Your profile will be reviewed and you’ll hear from us once we have an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate your patience.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To apply for this job please visit sonos.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.