Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Inventory Planner position is the focal point in the development, communication, and execution of product inventory needs. You will work with internal and external partners to analyze and optimize our retail inventory requirements.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about innovative analysis, processes that scale, and has the wherewithal to develop recommendations that transcend the numbers. Ideally, you have a background in retail inventory or allocation planning.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of an org that works across Pacific, Central, and International time zones.
In this role, you and your direct team will be based in the Pacific time zone. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
- Analyze current inventory levels, lead times, demand forecasts, and WOS inventory goals to recommend ordering levels
- Use rigorous logic and methods to find solutions even in the face of ambiguous data points
- Implement strategies to optimize stock and ensure that we do not go on backorder
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure seamless execution for new product launches and in-store display plans
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and build reporting to monitor inventory
- Communicate with distributors and supply planners to ensure replenishment orders, and previously forecasted inventory commitments are carried out
- Build constructive relationships and influence a broad group of partners
- Respond to challenges, field and ask thought-provoking questions from cross-functional teams
- Highlight supply risks and develop strategies to reduce supply risks
- 3 years experience in inventory/merchandise planning, allocation, or distribution analysis
- Data-driven mindset and the ability to balance quantitative and qualitative information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) and retail math
- Rigorous logic and methods to solve problems even in the face of ambiguous data points
- A sense of urgency and are comfortable flagging concerns/risks
- High level of comfort presenting in multiple settings
- Experience translating data into actionable information to achieve results
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or other relevant field
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com