Hardware Product Marketing Manager
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We now have a full portfolio of payments and point of sale hardware to serve every seller from the craft-show side-hustler to professional sports venues. No matter the complexity of the business, our hardware team aims to build emotion-evoking, highly user-friendly products that just work. Paired with our flexible POS software options, secure and reliable payments, and our suite of other products like Capital, Marketing, Payroll, Loyalty and Online Store; we’re transforming how our customers start, run, and grow their businesses.
Join our team of product design, technical engineering, operations and marketing individuals from consumer hardware companies like Apple, HP, Fitbit and Intel. The ideal candidate is data-driven, strategic, analytical, well-organized and a clear written and oral communicator.
We want employees to reside where they feel most creative and productive. You will be part of a team that works across multiple international time zones. This position is based in the U.S. The majority of the team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but that is not a requirement for the role.
- Lead product marketing strategy for Square Readers, Square’s entry-level hardware products.
- Partner with Product Management to identify future product opportunities and define a product roadmap incorporating customer insights and feedback from customer-facing teams.
- Develop quarterly marketing plans to drive hardware sales, especially to newly activating sellers, and partner with channel teams to test and optimize return on marketing investment.
- Conduct surveys, interviews and product usage analyses to understand target customer segments and use cases for your product and synthesize insights in a compelling way.
- Be the expert in Square Readers’ product positioning, value propositions and foundational messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct pricing analysis, develop promotional strategy, measure performance and optimize through testing.
- Oversee sales performance and product demand forecasts across countries and channels.
- Develop data-driven lifecycle marketing to promote product growth and retention.
- Review competitive offerings, helping our teams stay up to speed on the latest industry trends
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years working in management consulting, product marketing, or growth marketing
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing preferred, with experience in consumer technologies or financial services (exposure to small and medium business audiences a plus)
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and familiarity with marketing analytics
- Comfort managing cross-functional meetings and projects
- Experience communicating with senior leadership and cross-functional teams
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org