Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
As an Engineering Manager you will empower our teams to continuously improve their processes and culture, and cultivate the happiness and development of our engineers. Our teams are multi-functional and include back end and front end engineers as well as designers, data scientists, and marketers.
What you’ll do:
- Understand, measure, and improve the value delivery process
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets commitments to deliver value
- Enable an open and inclusive team culture
- Actively remove roadblocks for your team
- Motivate and focus your team to deliver the most important work
- Actively push your team to improve their technology and development practices
- Facilitate collaboration with other teams and other parts of the business
- Keep your teams aligned with the overall direction of the company
- Work with team members on career development by understanding their goals and helping them find stretch opportunities
- Give timely, constructive feedback to team members, peers, and managers
- Set clear expectations for team members; solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback
- Work with leadership to ensure that the team is appropriately staffed and has the correct scope
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product – Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.