Full Stack Engineer
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
Our Activation team is looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to support the Stash mission. The Activation team aims to help our subscribers begin their wealth building journey by guiding them through the onboarding process and enabling them to make their first investment.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement intuitive web applications that support the Stash experience, including rich user interfaces and robust backend services
- Work on new, greenfield projects that will have an immediate impact on both our users and the company
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy what you build to our cloud-based infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced engineer who can turn ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- An understanding of UX best practices and system design patterns
- Experience building backend APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices
- Experience building distributed applications at scale
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Familiarity with or interest in our stack TypeScript, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, Rails, Scala, Kotlin,Postgres, SNS/SQS, Kafka, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
**No recruiters please**