Manager, Data Engineering
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office, or a combination of both.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
We are seeking a Data Engineering Manager well versed in building large-scale data products to lead one of our focus areas “Data Governance”, which handles all aspects of data governance such as data discovery, lineage, smart tagging, security, data validation etc.
You will partner with our leadership team and lead the technical decisions of designing and developing robust, scalable data solutions for the ecosystem. We are a data-driven company and data is an essential part of almost everyone’s workstream.
You will contribute to adding/enhancing important and valuable datasets into the data lake, improving the velocity and making sure that it is quality controlled with appropriate SLO, SLA setup. In addition, you will also be responsible for guiding your team members in their career ladder progression, as we are a people first company.
This role will help raise the bar for our entire organization in terms of data democratization, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We are looking for a strategic thinker and creative problem solver with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
We always strive to choose the best tools for the job. Tech Stack: Spark, Scala, Python, Akka, Play, Redshift, Hive, S3, Parquet, Airflow, ECS Fargate, DynamoDB, EMR.
We’ve had tremendous growth in the past few years and have an exciting roadmap ahead of us. If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing application and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, then Stash is the right fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the technical decision surrounding the design and deploy scalable data infrastructure
- Partner with leadership in understanding the business needs and translating those into technical solutions
- Drive data solutions and features that will impact business decisions and our product road map
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
- Build and lead a team of passionate data engineers
- Guide your team members in progressing their career path.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional working in data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments, leading small to medium size teams.
- You have built large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience working with distributed computing and using Spark, Hadoop, or MapReduce
- Experience working with (or a strong interest in) Python or Scala
- Experience with leading / managing a team
- You are a self-driven, highly motivated individual who loves to learn new things
Nice to haves:
- Experience with search engines
- Experience with tools such as Braze, Mixpanel, Optimizely etc
**No recruiters please**
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.