Site Reliability Engineer
Want to help everyday Americans build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we believe in the power of simplifying investing, making it easy and affordable for everyday Americans to build wealth and achieve their financial goals.
We’re one of the fastest growing fintechs in the U.S. and have had another record-breaking year. In 2021 we almost doubled our headcount and valuation. Our personal finance app makes investing easy and affordable; this year 6 million customers set aside more than $3 billion with Stash.
Prioritizing People is one of our core values and has been key to a healthy work-life balance and a great sense of fulfillment and inclusion. We employ a true people first – hybrid model. Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in our home, in an office, or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
Our team is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for building a reliable, scalable, and performant cloud infrastructure and tools to power the Stash experience.
We’ve had tremendous growth over the past 2 years and to support these initiatives, Stash will be expanding our team that supports our edge cloud infrastructure. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be working to build out and scale our infrastructure platform and processes that are the bedrock of Stash.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement infrastructure services on AWS involving network infrastructure, load balancers, and reverse proxies, as well as application performance monitoring and logging.
- Develop application gateway built on Nginx, Openresty, and Lua
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, and security initiatives at our edge.
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, SRE, Backend Engineers, and product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience building and deploying Internet services and APIs
- Extensive experience working with AWS and working with applications that undertake high network load
- Experience configuring and deploying Nginx reverse proxies and load balancers
- Comprehensive understanding of networking and application protocols (TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP/S, TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and maintaining cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- DNS, GSLB, Traffic engineering experience
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
**No recruiters please**